We are sorry something went wrong (500)

BastusWhitetail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

According to the Grid Status Blog, the only open issue at the moment is that phone support is offline for maintenance.

How are you trying to access your profile?  You should do this by:

1.  Downloading and installing the viewer software.

2.  Run the viewer, sign in with your user name and password.

3.  Right click your avatar, select Profile.

4.  Edit by clicking the gear icon.

This is a user to user forum. There are no Linden support people participating.

You can look at http://status.secondlifegrid.net/ to see if there is anything going on. The Lindens are slow to update the page. Also, not all problems make onto the page. But, it is a good first check.

SL web pages often have transient problems. Reload the page or try inan hour and the problem is gone. Other times they have to fix something.

You can file a bug report in the JIRA. https://jira.secondlife.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

If you do come back here and post the JIRA number/reference so other can join it. THe more people having a problem, the more likely the Lindens are to give it more priority.

For ANYONE who may not already know......this is NOT a Viewer issue.   It is strictly a SL problem.    It has nothing to do with a person's Browser, their Anti-Virus, or etc.    I created a account days ago and have been experiencing this same issue.   While InWorld (either using the SL Viewer, Catznip, or Firestorm) and attempting to view people's profiles or even attempting to finally work on my profile I always get the message "Sorry Something Went Wrong.   Please Try Again In A Few Minutes".    However I can log off and use my main account and have no issues with viewing profiles, either my own or anyone else's, regardless of what viewer I use.

I use Chrome as my browser and have gone to my.secondlife.com to attempt to finally work on my profile and the same problem occurs there as well.   As soon as I try to log onto that site with my new account I get that exact same message.   I've even tried switching to IE and the problem occurs with it also.   But it's only with the new account, attempting to log on that web site with my main account doesn't give me any problems.

I have also un-installed my viewers and re-installed them and even cleared the cache's three times but the issue is still there.   But as I have said....it's only affecting my new account, not my main one.

If anyone has a solution to this problem PLEASE let me know (here by message).   Thank you

• Like 3

Yes, as noted, several other people are reporting this same issue. Submit a support ticket and/or a JIRA report so that Linden Lab knows you are one of those who is affected. As SL residents like you, we cannot do anything to fix it ourselves. Meanwhile, as I posted above, your profile is alive and well. I can see it and, as you noted, you can access it yourself from another account, so all is not lost. This is a temporary inconvenience.

Please submit a Support Case.

FYI

HTTP Error 500 Internal server error

Introduction

The Web server (running the Web Site) encountered an unexpected condition that prevented it from fulfilling the request by the client (e.g. your Web browser or our CheckUpDown robot) for access to the requested URL.

This is a 'catch-all' error generated by the Web server. Basically something has gone wrong, but the server can not be more specific about the error condition in its response to the client. In addition to the 500 error notified back to the client, the Web server should generate some kind of internal error log which gives more details of what went wrong. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse these logs. (Last updated: October 2013)

Fixing 500 errors - general

This error can only be resolved by fixes to the Web server software. It is not a client-side problem. It is up to the operators of the Web server site to locate and analyse the logs which should give further information about the error.

You right Honored, i ask a friend log in in is Sl account and he don't have the problem is just with my account and is no funny begin again, but i delete viewer, even web exploring and try to log in in WEB so the same happend i think maybe is a problem with new account, but what it is?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3639 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.