I have a dance/music script. How do I make it sync when attached to multiple avatars?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I m sure you have seen dance/music attachments where you can type on/off in open chat and any avatar wearing it stops or starts the animation and music.

How is this behavior done? I have created a dance/music script attachment which works fine with on/off in open chat, but how can I also make it affect the other avatars wearing it?

Any clues to the functions or maybe samples script?

Thanks!

I m sure you have seen dance/music attachments where you can type on/off in open chat and any avatar wearing it stops or starts the animation and music.

How is this behavior done? I have created a dance/music script attachment which works fine with on/off in open chat, but how can I also make it affect the other avatars wearing it?

Any clues to the functions or maybe samples script?

Thanks!

If everyone wears it, the listener will react on all open chat within reach, if no filter like llGetOwner() is used. So mainly your llListen contains no filter on owner or any other object. llListen(0,““,““,““); 

take a look here: http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlListen

I want to add to make it a little less laggy you could use the last filter msg to trigger start/stop and set/compare the state running/non running with an integer maybe.

You can not sync animations.

Of course if you stop/start them at the same time they will be in sync - for a while.

If you have a fast computer they will stay synced longer. If you look aside for a moment and look back they will all be unsynced - but only for you - not for the others.

So if you want to make a machinima the camera avatar will sync it. If one of the others see things unsynced that doesn't matter here.

For a couple dance - whenever someone feels unsynced they can use the sync message.

For a group of many avatars there will always be someone that feels unsynced and will use the sync message - so you will stop/start all the time. :D

When I was a greeter at a welcome area, there'd always be people coming along with these to be annoying, so much fun to have an anti-script which would listen for all the annoying dance start commands and immediately llSay(0,"off") or as appropriate for the annoying one at the time.

on

OFF

on

OFF

on

OFF

on

OFF

<annoying person departs>

Call me killjoy :matte-motes-kiss:

If you are using the Firestorm viewer, all you need to do is click World >>> Resync Animations.  That will resync all animations within your field of view.  It will only affect what you see on your own screen, but that's mostly what you need.

list killjoys = ["Killjoy President", "JoyKiller President"];teachMeHow2Dougie(integer yes) { ; } default{    state_entry()    {        llListen(0, "", NULL_KEY, "");           }               listen(integer channel, string name, key id, string message)    {        message = llToUpper(message);        if (message == "OFF")         {            if (llListFindList(killjoys, [name]) != [])            {                string save = llGetObjectName();                llSetObjectName(name);                llInstantMessage(id, "!!! o.m.g !!! nuuuuu !!!");                llSetObjectName(save);            }            else               teachMeHow2Dougie(FALSE);        }               else if (message == "ON")           teachMeHow2Dougie(TRUE);    }       }

(:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3736 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.