Problem with Avatar Inspect

Lewis Luminos

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I know that from the avatar pie menu you can click More then Inspect, and you're supposed to get a list of everything the avatar is wearing.

However I'm sure I'm missing a step here, or I have something disabled in preferences somewhere, because the information window never fills up for me.

I've tried it with my main and my alts, I've tried it on several different viewers, both official and unofficial. It's been hinted to me that there's a "range" and I have no idea what the range is but I've tried it with avatars that are close enough to be touching. It's never worked for me in the entire year+ I've been on SL.

What step am I missing here?

7 answers to this question

No, "Inspect" doesn't do that.

With some viewers, the Inventory has a tab labeled "Worn", and you can see what you are wearing there.  Otherwise, the Edit menu at the top of the screen has an option to Take Off and another to Detach, and those will show you the clothes and attachments you have on.  Also, typing (worn*) in the inventory search box will filter your inventory to show you the items you have on.

More/Inspect allows you to look more closely at an object, either one you have attached, or anything else.  When clicked, you get a box listing all the prims in the object, and their creator and current owner.

Ok, so now I'm not sure if the original question posted is refering to inspecting another avatar, or, your own avatar.  My reply is about inspecting  ANOTHER avatar's attachments.  Usually this is done to see the creator of an object or outfit that you admire or are curious about, and might like to go buy yourself.  I fail to see any reason to inspect yourself, since you know, or can easily know, what you are wearing, and where it came from -unless you are a noob I guess.  Hope this clears that up.

PS: I love the worn tabs in some alternate viewers and hope LL adds that feature, as I much prefer the convenience of it over having to search "(WORN)" in my inventory-- which is huge.  Cheers...

• Like 1

Hello Arishia, this is a New Feature request on pJIRA "Create new inventory tab "Worn Items"" and will be included in the Snowglobe 1.2 version. This update to 1.2 version is due for release very soon and will be available on the Downloads page.

You can add your comments and vote for this Feature to be included in the next Official Viewer here "Create "WORN" tab in Inventory"

pJIRA is a tool for residents to file new feature requests as well as bug reports   (The "P" stands for Public.) An overview and common questions about   pJIRA can be found in the Creating bug reports and feature requests in the Public Issue Tracker

How do I log in to   the Tracker?

- Visit https://jira.secondlife.com and click the 'Log In' link on the top right of   the page

- On the login page, enter your Second Life username (Firstname Lastname) and password.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 5307 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.