Hrmph!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I appreciate that you were replying... and further on the plus side, it's some relief to know the thread is really gone and it's not the ol' hysterical blindness flaring up.

Does seem an odd topic to need blocking but I trust it's because the solution is in place and we'll never have occasion to think of it again.

It was a very odd topic to cover up but that's what someone did. Almost everything in it has been discussed before in this forum. I think the only new thing it was your mention of Matt Cutts but he may have been mentioned before too. Part of my reply to you was saying that Matt is an excellent chap - very straight and very helpful. He's got one or two of my websites back in Google's index in the past. I also wrote that, for anyone who doesn't know of him, he's Google's main spam man, or he was at the time I finished doing seo.

Ren: it probably is the one you're thinking of. There was nothing remotely resembling an argument or flame or anything like that in it, so I guess it was just a cover up for whatever reason. Perhaps it was that someone posted that it may be that LL is unable to deal with spam themselves. Who knows what goes on in some people's minds.

Qie Niangao wrote:

... and further on the plus side, it's some relief to know the thread is really gone and it's not the ol' hysterical blindness flaring up.

Does seem an odd topic to need blocking but I trust it's because the solution is in place and we'll never have occasion to think of it again.

I knew Id said somthing in that  thread too...and was looking for it, glad Im not mad either  :D

And I agree...does not seem something that required deleting!

Maybe it was the title that sent up the Red Flag.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3679 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.