TRANSACTION PAGE CHANGES

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

CommerceTeam Linden added a comment - 29/Apr/14 1:37 PM

We have released an update to the page: https://accounts.secondlife.com/transaction_history/

It includes the following:

• XML and XLS exports
  • Subtotals for the date range
  • Separate subtotals for the results of the text filter
  • Default search to one day date range
  • The ability to change the number of results per page, including all results
  • 32-day date range selectable
  • ID Prefix in results
  • Improved settings memory on refresh
  • Clear button for filter

We are still working on the time/date stamps and the date selectors.

Please let us know what you think of the updates!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a notice from CTL that the new transaction page is up.  

For starters, the default range is the 29th to the 30th instead of 29th to 29th. I guess that is okay if it means the same thing, and does not include transactions on the 30th, but a bit confusing.

Also, SEVERAL of us said we wanted commas separating place value periods (hundreds separated from thousands, etc) and CTL said okay but will have to work on that to accomodate different cultural ways of handling that. Well okay, but meanwhile I am looking at six figure numbers without separators.

I have not really investigated any further than those things that jumped out.

I do like that we have our total # of transactions back -- I hated when they took that away.

I am putting this here because CTL does not want any more feedback on the JIRA.

I saw it too Pamela.

Yes, the default time frame is today to tomorrow.

The refresh is buggy - sometimes it defaults to yesterday's transactions, or, it doesn't update total linden balance on the left hand side.

The transactions take up a lot of vertical room. Even though the rest of SL does not use the "Resident" last name anymore, this page does. It was requested in the JIRA to remove it and make it consistent with the rest of the accounting, but it wasn't. The "Resident" often triggers an extra line as the name wraps. 

Overall, there's lots of good in the new transaction page, but it's buggy. The old one wasn't buggy (at least not in the same way as this one).

ok I need help ... my issue with the new transaction page is this

I copy/paste each day's transaction to my gmail set up for my accounting (been doing it for 6.5 years)

always selecting the filter (example 5.21.2014 to 5.21.2014)

& I would get from 12:01 am until 11:59 pm

no problems ever!!

now I can't do that

I get an error saying something like I have to choose the day before blah blah

so I do 5.21.2014 -5.22.2014 I get 2 days  48 hours

SO any ideas how to get 1 day ?? a 24 hour period ???

thanks

well it least it wasn't just me ....

do you have the link to the jira, please?

thank you

OOPS  just saw this on Pamela's post

"I am putting this here because CTL does not want any more feedback on the JIRA."

well shoot .... now what ??  I can't even delete the other days transactions due to "cells" or whatever ... sigh

Somebody @ LL please fix this ASAP... I would think that many would want "daily" transactions

thanks

Yes, you/we will have to create new JIRAs for each bug we find with the new transactions page.  CTL closed the existing JIRA, so we can't add to it anymore.

Here's what they wrote on the closed JIRA:

"CommerceTeam Linden commented on BUG-5664:
------------------------------------------

Thank you for all of your assistance.  We have updated Secondlife.com to point to the new page, and will be closing comments on this JIRA.  If you find any bugs, please file them separately.

Also, keep an eye on the blog as we will be putting additional rebuilt pages up for feedback in the coming weeks."

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Apparantly, it is unable to return one day. Whenever I try, it gives this error:

Please specify a correct date format of YYYY/mm/dd and ensure the start date occurs prior to the end date.

Guess we will all be filing JIRAs to fix the things we discover are broken...

The old report used its Date Selectors as "Transactions starting on... and up thru and including Transactions on ..."

The NEW report uses its Date Selectors as "Transactions starting on ... and up thru but NOT including Transactions on ..."

This means that the ending Date Selector should always be set to one day AFTER the last day you want included in the report. Thus a report for just today would be Start: 2014/05/29 and End: 2014/05/30

The old report would have been set as Start: 2014/05/29 and End: 2014/05/29

Darius

Darrius Gothly wrote:

The NEW report uses its Date Selectors as "Transactions starting on ... and up thru but NOT including Transactions on ..."

This means that the ending Date Selector should always be set to one day AFTER the last day you want included in the report. Thus a report for just today would be Start: 2014/05/29 and End: 2014/05/30

I would be happy to screen share with you using skype because that does not work to get only 24 hours ....

example  5.21.2014 to 5.22.2014  .... 380 transactions

25 per page only shows 5.22.2014 & 5.21.2014 last last few pages

ALL per page shows both 5.21.2014 AND 5.22.2014

with 5.22.2014 at the top & 5.21.2014 at the bottom

I ONLY want 5.21.2014 

how do I get a 24 hour period NOT a 48 hour period ???

thanks (good to see you )

Yes, Darrius, I understand the change. As Dee has pointed out, there is no way to view one day (in the past) in isolation. 

Pamela, using the "filter" field and entering the single day does not yield results - it cannot read the date field for sorting, only the calendar does that.

So, the issue that Dee is pointing out is real.

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Yes, Darrius, I understand the change. As Dee has pointed out, there is no way to view one day (in the past) in isolation. 

Pamela, using the "filter" field and entering the single day does not yield results - it cannot read the date field for sorting, only the calendar does that.

So, the issue that Dee is pointing out is real.

Oh I see what you mean.  I don't understand it -- we can get one day as long as that day is today but not in the past?

Another thing I hope they fix -- if I come back to my transaction screen after a while, I cannot reload it.  It says it is stale and to refresh it but it just hangs with a spinning wheel. I have to switch to some other webpage then click the bookmark to get back to the transaction page.

I guess this is scrum or scrap or something -- throw something out there without testing basic functions like this? 

Yes, that "stale" page is happening to me too.

Also, when it reloads, the # of transactions (25 -> all) is not sticky.

There's another active discussion on this on the "other" forum as well.

So far, I can identify the following issues:

1. Cannot view a single 24 hour period unless it is today

2. The page goes stale after a short period and needs to be reloaded. Upon reload, it does not necessarily retain the selections (dates, # transactions) that the user identified upon logging in.

3. Total Lindens in the left hand column does not update immediately when new transactions are loaded. It lags the total column by several or more minutes.

4. Friends list on the left is missing. Very ineffiecient to have to keep two tabs open to see who's online and what your transactions are.

5. Lack of commas for ease of reading.

6. Page layout eats up a lot of vertical space.  A more compact view would be helpful rather than scrolling down continually.

7. The use of "Resident" for avatars names is inconsistent with the rest of SL where LL has defaulted to the first name only and omitted "Resident".  It also may causes an unnecessary use of space as it causes an entry to wrap onto the next line (if the name is a certain length).

I don't know whether these are to be viewed as feature requests or bugs, or, whether they should all go in the same JIRA or individual ones.

Thoughts?

Yup, sure enough .. any attempt to retrieve a single day's worth of transactions for any date other than today results in the retrieval of more transactions than desired. The date filter logic is flawed and results in the retrieval of transactions that should not be included.

At present, it appears their SQL statement is using logic similar to:

WHERE TRAN_DATE >= #2014-05-20# AND TRAN_DATE <= #2014-05-21#

Whereas the PROPER SQL statement would be something similar to:

WHERE TRAN_DATE >= #2014-05-20# AND TRAN_DATE < #2014-05-21#

Note the removal of the '=' equal sign from the second clause, turning it into a "less than" test instead of a "less than or equal to" test. This should be a very simple change and should be possible to make, test and release within a single cycle. It WILL require the creation of a new JIRA though, so if one has not already been started, would someone (like you Dee?) please create one and then post the link here. I will then comment on it and add the above information in hopes that it helps CTL accomplish this fix ASAP.

Thanks Pamela. I just added a comment to the JIRA that Dee created.

I'd like to hear back from CTL or someone like Whirly if we are supposed to create individual JIRAs, or, can do one for all apparant bugs/features desired before creating a bunch that will just get closed/merged with others.

I just noticed that if I refresh today's page, it goes to the previous day. The only way to get to today is to go to my bookmark for the transaction page.  The JIRA is closed, so hopefully someone at LL is aware of this.

argh, just tried downloading for the month -

the date range selected is 5/1 to 5/31 - the results displayed show 5/31 transactions BUT the download only goes through 5/30.

edited to add:

if I select 5/1 to 6/1 (tomorrow) - the results displayed show 5/31 and now the download captures 5/31

GREAT IDEA :smileymad:

i try to get sales for just one day. and i cant. I CANT!

try to get sales for 30 May, does not allow me get date range 30-30, makes me add 30-31. and then i get transactions for 2 days and i always should click ALL to see all.

question - why? is there no other IMPORTANT things to do in LL but making silly changes?

silly and useless

Not being able to simply see all and only the transactions for a single day other than the current one is my biggest complaint. Date ranges should work in such a way that if you put the same date in the start date and end date fields, it works and displays that single day's numbers. Just like it used to work. This is stuff any merchant wants to know: how were sales yesterday? vs the day before, etc.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3426 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.