TRANSACTION PAGE CHANGES

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pretty cool to have the ability to see the debit and credit totals for the whole month (or whatever period).  This is something I think is actually not just restored functionality over Xstreet, but added.

Still has a very long way to go before it approaches the functionality of Xstree tho.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

LL has changed the transaction page again, so that now there is NO way for SOME of us to see yesterday's (or any other day's) transaction total.  Until today, we could hit reload and the transaction page would jump one day back.  Here is a transcript (posted by permission, slightly edited) in the inworld commerce group:

[01:19 PM] Galathir Darkstone: You still can't search one day though.

[01:19 PM] Galathir Darkstone: "Please specify a correct date format of YYYY/mm/dd and ensure the start date occurs prior to the end date."
[01:19 PM] Galathir Darkstone: Yeah. :P

[01:20 PM] Sonya Haight: yeah but if i go off of it and come back it has tomorrows date so I can search just today
[01:21 PM] Sonya Haight: but if i try to choose the 12th on the calendar myself I can't
[01:21 PM] Pamela Galli: It will not allow me to choose the 10th-11th, switches it to 12th
[01:21 PM] Pamela Galli: exactly Sonya
[01:21 PM] Antony Fairport: I've just had a look in the code and the data comes back from the server in UTC format. So it's all down to the presentation layer in the browser code.

[01:22 PM] Pamela Galli: Before I could hit reload and see the previous day at least, now I cannot
[01:22 PM] Sonya Haight: ah it does switch to the 12th when I tried to search that
[01:22 PM] Antony Fairport: If you've comfortable with a browser console open it up and insject: angular.element($0).scope().history.historyDataMod[0]
[01:22 PM] Phoebe Avro: you can get one days totals
[01:22 PM] Pamela Galli: now Reload just reloads normally
[01:23 PM] Pamela Galli: so there is no way to tell how I did yesterday
[01:23 PM] Phoebe Avro: put in two consecuative dates press the button then press it again
[01:23 PM] Sonya Haight: if you do 6/10 and 6/10 then it gives you 6/10 - 6/11
[01:24 PM] Sonya Haight: and you get only the info for 6/10 that way
[01:24 PM] Pamela Galli: so no way to tell what the total was for the 10th now, right?
[01:24 PM] Pamela Galli: I cannot believe this
[01:25 PM] Pamela Galli: I guess I will have to stay up til 2 am to check my totals daily
[01:26 PM] Sonya Haight: yes if you put 6/10 in both beginning and ending, you will get only the info for 6/10
[01:26 PM] Phoebe Avro: put in the 10th to the 11th

[01:26 PM] Phoebe Avro: press the button
[01:26 PM] Phoebe Avro: then press it again
[01:26 PM] Pamela Galli: Teh view button?
[01:26 PM] Pamela Galli: Not working for me
[01:26 PM] Phoebe Avro: it will show only the figures from the 10th
[01:26 PM] Galathir Darkstone: Doesn't work for me. I fI put in 6/10 an d 6/10, I get that error message: "Please specify a correct date format of YYYY/mm/dd and ensure the start date occurs prior to the end date."
[01:26 PM] Phoebe Avro: yes view button
[01:27 PM] Pamela Galli: Mine just goes to the 11th
[01:27 PM] Sonya Haight: the second date will go to the 11th, but it wont' show the results for 11th in the bottom
[01:27 PM] Antony Fairport: Well, I suspect it comes back from an API as JSON Ray, and then gets formatted by a templating system. I only know AngularJS (which they're using) in passing (I'm better acquainted with Knockout, a similar system).
[01:28 PM] Galathir Darkstone: And if I put in 6/10 and 6/11, it shows 2 days of sales.. AND changes the to date to 6/12 (probably due to timezone differences).
[01:29 PM] Pamela Galli: It does show only the 11th for me
[01:29 PM] Pamela Galli: so it is doing different things for different ppl

[01:29 PM] Sonya Haight: its just setting the range you want to view from the beginning of the 10th to the beginning of the 11th and showing you that 1 days worth of sales Pam, check the results and see
[01:29 PM] Antony Fairport: If I ask for the 10th and 10th only I get the error. If I then ask for the 10th and the 11th I get the items for the 10th and all of today's too.

[01:30 PM] Pamela Galli: The dates all say this: 2014-06-11
[01:30 PM] Phoebe Avro: if you want the press the view button a second time
[01:30 PM] Sonya Haight: right Antony, to see one day only you have to put that day in both places it seems
[01:30 PM] Pamela Galli: I did press twice Phoebe
[01:30 PM] Sonya Haight: oh that was late

[01:30 PM] Sonya Haight: I pressed once and it worked for me
[01:30 PM] Phoebe Avro: well i can get it to work and i can see the dif in the total amount of sales
[01:31 PM] Antony Fairport: "Both places"?
[01:31 PM] Pamela Galli: I still get two days
[01:31 PM] Sonya Haight: yes in both of the date places, but 6/10
[01:32 PM] Sonya Haight: then click view and it should change the second date to 6/11 but the results will show only sales from the 10th, very confusing stuff
[01:32 PM] Sonya Haight: put*
[01:32 PM] Pamela Galli: every time I click I get something different
[01:32 PM] Phoebe Avro: and LL still not sorted this out 

[01:33 PM] Antony Fairport: And if I do that I get an error complaining about the dates being the same.
[01:33 PM] Pamela Galli: Well I dont know where to report this anymore
[01:33 PM] Galathir Darkstone: Ah well. Business as usual for LL. Back to work for me. *waves*
[01:33 PM] Sonya Haight: are you doing the 10th? odd that you are getting an error and I'm not
[01:34 PM] Antony Fairport: No, the 10th is a bad example as it works different again. Try the 1st of this month, for example.
[01:34 PM] Pamela Galli: Yes I typed it and chose it on the calendar
[01:34 PM] Sonya Haight: I chose it on both calendars
[01:34 PM] Sonya Haight: ok
[01:35 PM] Sonya Haight: I get the error on the 1st too, well shoot
[01:35 PM] Pamela Galli: If I choose the 10th on both calendars I just get the error message
[01:35 PM] Antony Fairport: Bingo. If you want to do today, or yesterday, it sort of works. If you want to go further back in time, for a single day... Sorry, not letting you do that. ;)
[01:36 PM] Antony Fairport: This really feels like the code of someone who doesn't have a whole lot of experience with date handling. :S
[01:36 PM] Pamela Galli: I cant get any single date but today
[01:36 PM] Sonya Haight: weird Pam
[01:37 PM] Sonya Haight: chat is lagging as usual
[01:37 PM] Pamela Galli: Tey to get someone to look at it

[01:37 PM] Sonya Haight: so 6/1 in both spots gives an error, 6/1-6/2 switches to 6/1-6/3 and gives me sales for all 3 days
[01:38 PM] Antony Fairport: Better still Sonya, depending on your timezone, it might /display/ transactions as being later than the end date too. ;)

[01:38 PM] Pamela Galli: Trying to sort out what different results different ppl get is a bit confusing

Pamela Galli wrote:

LL has changed the transaction page again, so that now there is NO way for SOME of us to see yesterday's (or any other day's) transaction total.  Until today, we could hit reload and the transaction page would jump one day back. 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

OH I can't get my transaction page to do the "hit refresh" to jump back a day to get the 24 hours in ONE 24 hour period either!

seriously LL as a SL business owner in our 6th year I have been patient for the most part with whatever breaks/fixes happened through out the years, BUT why in the world would you BREAK the "refresh work around" & not FIX the issue of no 24 hour period ????  smh  come on guys/girls  get it together!

Pamela, Please have everyone watch & vote on this jira 

17 watchers 5 likes is not going to get this fixed

thanks everyone in advance

Pamela,  on the jira I asked Whirly for another bright idea & ta da  .... set your computer to PST California time & the 24hr transaction works as expected

We should not have to do this but it's better than 48 hours mess Thanks again Whirly!

Pamela Galli wrote:

Here is the link: 

It has been triaged so I cant comment on it; I guess you can Dee because you authored it?

that's odd cause Whirly commented on it

Dee Kass wrote:

Pamela,  on the jira I asked Whirly for another bright idea & ta da  .... set your computer to PST California time & the 24hr transaction works as expected

We should not have to do this but it's better than 48 hours mess Thanks again Whirly!

Pamela Galli wrote:

Here is the link: 

It has been triaged so I cant comment on it; I guess you can Dee because you authored it?

that's odd cause Whirly commented on it

I think Whirly has 'special privileges.'

(commenting is closed to me too)

• 5 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3423 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.