Avatar can die in the zombies game?

bateliii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I tried to play with the  Zombies game.  in the place "Grimly's Bloodbath & Beyond".. I was a bad in the game, or rather the gun barely killing the zombies. 

At the end the zombies caught my Avatar, and killed her. I saw avatar on the floor dead. They pulled her under the floor until it would seem that it underground. In the sky..  I mean in the air. She stand back and I  tp her to other places.

It does not seem to have any the mark of death, but I fear that she died the way I can't see or something. i need to know about it.

This game can kill my avatar ? I can lose my avatar because this game ?

5 answers to this question

Nope! You can't die in any game in SL! The "death" is done by a script*, that takes care about your score or whatever and also plays the right animations. If someone start to tell you, that you can die in SL s/he telling not the truth (I would use here a stronger word, but my mother told me to be nice;) )

*A script is a "program" that makes everything work in SL. Every script in SL does another job and can be written by anyone who has learned to "script".

• Like 3

No, absolutely not. 

There are many games WITHIN Second Life, like the one you played, and other roleplaying games too.  In some of them, the game has internal rules about getting "killed", but these affect ONLY YOUR PLAY IN THAT GAME.  None of them can "kill" your avatar as far as Second Life itself is concerned.

There ARE some places in SL where Second Life's own "damage" system is enabled.  When you enter land like this, a notice will appear and a small red heart will appear on your top menu bar with a "health percentage".  If this goes to zero (by being shot, bumped, or other things) you get "killed."  But even here, the only thing that happens to you is that your avatar is teleported back to your Home location.

You can't lose your avatar in SL, lose "levels" or "experience points", or anything of that sort.

• Like 3

ok the other day i was Role playing jousting and sword fighting....I got "killed"---your avatar deosnt "die"...some sims will have DAMAGE on - so when you  "die" you will be Teleported HOME....where ever your home is set at.....I got killed by my own Sl sON!! and sent home each time iwas  "killed".....pretty annoying....but u come back more determinded  to get your  "revenge".....hahahaa

about the avi....having marks.....well ur avi or any avi will not retain any marks the owner of that avatar didnt place on it....so if u came in to the game with no marks....u wont have any.......but I like to place makes...scratches on my avatar...especially my purple lycan warewolf i hand made....it adds to the fun....

So in short- NO your avatar cant DIE----you might get teleported him though....have fun

• Like 1

No, you will not lose your Avatar, lord knows with the amount of times I've fallen offf the second life world, dropped houses on myself, crashed air crafts and the like, if I keep coming back so will you. When I played this at a friends it would briefly go black and I'd be TP'd home. So no worries its virtually impossible to kill off your avatar on SL.

And yuck, I soooo don't like zombies!!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3723 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.