where can i get help for my 50 no devil games shut down by 3k games???

lostpapillon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3k games has shut down my functioning almost 50 no devil games based on disagreement by Mudur Spyker. I have seeked help from LL but was told they are not involved in disputes betweeen residents. First of all, it is not a dispute between 2 resident when rightfully purchased licanced games are shut down on personal reasons like that. Secondly, games are open to transfer, which means creator does not have objection on used games sales and purchases yet they treat you extremely bad if you purchase secod hand game. In my attemps to resolve the issue with 3k games the creator has told me the problem would be solved if i appologise from Mudur and just for the sace of it i did in to accasions where they insistet that the first time arround was not recieved and yet my games licanses are still not shut down by the creator adn it gives the fallowing error!! [00:28]  No Devil 5.00 10L x10 PApillion: This game license has been disabled by its creator. Please contact the creator of this game for more information. | ERR GT4011B

the games worth appproximately L$90K and i am loosing least, if not more L$5k a day, which puts me into difficulties with tier payments and other expensiss... i have come a accross with several residants that having similer issues with 3k games and they treat clients extremely badly but since LL refuses to be involved they all remain of been a victim of 3k games!! I need help and i do think Linden Lab should be involved in purchased good shot down so unfairely and illigaly!! Please help!

5 answers to this question

Your determination that this isn't a resident to resident dispute is incorrect.

Scripted items can be disabled by their creators for any reason in Second Life - it's not illegal. Since the other party is a resident, and you are a resident, and you both are having a dispute... 

There is no help available within Second Life for this issue. If you feel like throwing good money after bad, you can get your own RL legal advice to see whether a civil case can be brought against the creator, but even then you can't force someone to supply you with game machines.

Recommend you cut your losses, and learn a valuable lesson - the house always wins. ;)

• Like 6

I agree with Freya - this IS most definitely a dispute between residents, and Linden Lab will not and do not get involved in such disputes.

If, as you say, there are plenty of other folk who are having the same issues, then maybe as a number, you can get together and proceed with some kind of real life court case, but again, I have to agree with Freya, and think you should just cut your losses and move on.

The creator of the games has been inworld for long enough to know not to do anything against Terms of Service, but you actually are in breach of the terms of service on this website by naming names. You should actually remove their name from your original post.

• Like 5

Make that three, I'm in complete agreement with Freya and Marigold.

You have a classic resident to resident dispute here.  Creators and landowners in Second Life are not constrained to obey any Real Life consumer protection laws, only the Second Life Terms of Service.  There's not one word in the TOS that says a creator can't put an "off" switch in his objects' scripts and throw it whenever the mood strikes him.  There's no rule that says a merchant has to deal with an irascible customer who makes unreasonable demands ("unreasonable" in his opinion, not yours.)

Even in real life, merchants don't like giving free support to the purchasers of secondhand equipment.  All such support is essentially a sunk cost.  If you want good support, buy your stuff from the people who provide the support.  Sure, you can save some money and buy used stuff, but you should not expect to receive the same level of support from the maker.  That's the tradeoff you chose.

When all is said and done, I have a bit of a personal bias against people who set up Zyngo parlors, so you'll excuse me if I am not sympathetic.  People like you want to suck money out of others without putting forth any effort.  You don't care how much lag your machines cause others in the region.  You didn't invent the machines or learn how to make them.  You didn't even buy them from the clever person who did, and now your're whining because you can't keep easily taking money from others, unless you act humble and admit you're in the wrong.

Apologize, or lose your chinchy secondhand investment.  Or as Freya suggests, hire a real life attorney and sue.  I rather hope you do, because I'd laugh when you lose another $25,000 USD in legal fees and court costs.

• Like 4

You are totally out of luck. The TOS that you accepted when you became a Second Life member says clearly (Sect 6), "You are solely responsible for your interaction with other users of the Service, whether online or offline. We are not responsible or liable for the conduct or content of any user. We reserve the right, but not the obligation, to monitor or become involved in disputes between you and other users. "  If Linden Lab doesn't want to get involved in settling a disagreement between you, they won't.  It's up to you to settle the problem --- without breaking the TOS yourself.

• Like 2

These No Devil games are cheating anyways. when you get the bonus extra rounds, you never get them. I've played numerous times and counted them out each time. If i knew exactly who to report this to I'd go there too. It's happening at ZYNGO CARTOONS and I'll never play No Devil again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3507 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.