Best handgun?

Ricky40

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Being a weapon developer myself and for nearly 4 years, there isn't one - As often weapons on the marketplace lack at least 2 of the things you're looking for and most decent weapons cannot be found there. People even go as far as to lie about the features and qualities of their items and hide critical reviews just so they can trick you into buying them.

If you're looking for guns specifically for their appearance(looks, actions, effects), "Operations", "D1MTG", and "BREACH" are all good candidates. However, what they have in appearance they lack in performance. D1 and BREACH however are probably better for RP, as Operations is focused more on LLCS combat.

There are other brands, but be aware that there is an epidemic of people stealing open-source models from other sites and selling them for profit.

Most weapons, if not all, have little to no effect on greifing. What you're looking for at that point is an administrative hud and specilized weapons which require admin permissions to utilize. This involves but is not limited to pushing to be more specific as it is disabled in most sims, especially sandboxes.

Ricky40 wrote:

What is the best handgun on the market? Best in terms of looks, action, effects, for roleplaying and fun, as well as uses for defense against griefers if needed, like push them away or something?

I just reread this.

Do not ever challenge a Griefer.  That is exactly what they want you to do.

And pretty much any one who has ever challenged a Griefer has lost.

In many instances you will find yourself outgunned so fast you won't know what hit you.

By responding to them you make yourself a target.

AR, Ignore and if needed move on is your best defence.

Ricky40 wrote:

What is the best handgun on the market? Best in terms of looks, action, effects, for roleplaying and fun, as well as uses for defense against griefers if needed, like push them away or something?

Huey Newton supposedly said, "An Army .45 will keep you alive."

Oh, you meant in SL.

It didn't work for Huey anyway. And I second Perrie's comments about griefers. The moment you respond to them in a way they can see (as in other than muting and AR-ing) they've won.

I used to be into autos but as I get older I appreciate revolvers more.  A good .357 will offer decent penetration and accuracy for repeat shots and you know it'll fire when you need to pull the trigger at 3 AM when you're half-asleep and the bad guy's already in the house.  Plus you can load them with snake shot for rattlesnakes when a 12 GA is just overkill.

For SL?  Hell, man, best defense against a griefer is to walk away.  Log off and make a sandwich or something.

Priorities.

one thing I noticed is with some of the more complex guns in sl with my old radeon graphics card parts of guns weren't hiding properly when you slung them. I now have a geforce card, so I think it was maybe is a problem with catalyst drivers for some radeons. Therefore if you have a Radeon graphics card before spending alot on something very pretty see if you can see other people using them and whether you get the graphics glitch with them.

For griefers you are best just banning them, ARing them, walking away or sitting down and blocking them. Orbiters and push weapons can be fun with friends, but don't expect to be using your DZ Redemptions anywhere except a sandbox or your own sim..... they are about 150 scripts when worn, loads more than most combat sims or rp places will allow.

I know some people look down on brutals but i love the hello kitty design and they are fine for shooting ranges, My Fairlight blaster completes scifi outfits nicely too - hehe

Ricky40 wrote:

For roleplay you're usually stuck with choosing from one that uses the script system of the chosen roleplay venue. Most of them made for roleplay will hit a broad cross section of popular RP systems. But at least in fantasy I have found a few 'one sim systems' that then require you to use one of the weapons sold in their mall - half of which look like they were made before even sculpty came out...

So...

Before a good answer can really be given, people need to know what combat meter or meters the places you roleplay at use.

Probably DCS / CCS - those seem the most common in guns. But it could be anything.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3720 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.