i wnt to sing scondlife with mobile i found in app store some thing like bot it,s need a(BIN)

MgRoD

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

Okay MgRoD!

I am almost certain I don't understand your question, so I'm going to answer it!

If you are asking for a BINary for iPhone or Android or such that will allow you to log-in to Second Life on a mobile device so you can sing... that can't be done.

The only place you can get an application for iPhone (unless it's jailbroken) is from the App Store. The only SL compatible app there is Pocket Metaverse, which is a text only interface that certainly won't support audio streaming, and appears to be giving everybody grief at the moment.

It's not much better for Android, where you can find Lumiya, which has only the most rudimenary graphics support... for maps.

Streaming live audio into SL requires more than even a full fledged PC/Mac/Linux based viewer can provide. You'll need either a dedicated IP address on your device and some sort of streaming software, or an account with a streaming service like Shoutcast (does that still exist?).

If I have inadvertently understood your question, I assure you it was... inadvertent.

Good luck?

Be extremely careful about using any viewer that does not comply with Linden Lab's policy for third party viewers.  If a viewer is not on the list of compliant viewers, it may be dangerous to use, because it may contain malicious code that can access your account information or cause griefing damage in SL.  There are some dependable non-compliant viewers, but it is smart to avoid any of them unless you can be sure of what you are doing.

There are compliant Third Party viewers for some mobile devices in the list that I linked above.

Also, note that if you intend to useyour account as a bot, you must register it as a Scripted Agent. Failure to identify an account as a Bot could result in disciplinary action if the Bot is then found to be negatively impacting service or otherwise causing problems.

• Like 1

Lumiya has graphics for a lot more than maps. Mobile Grid Client is an Android text-only app that has maps. Lumiya's graphics let you see your avatar and others in world, just like the "real" viewer. You can click on objects and interact with them (sit, touch, etc.) You can operate the controls of HUDs you are wearing. You can put on outfits from your inventory, and you can handle group operations, teleport, chat, and IM. About the only thing you can't do is build/edit.

All of this is a lot clumsier than in a real viewer...but it can be done!

If you haven't guessed our ultimate goal.... It's to have you do a SL Answers Personal Graphic with the Lumiya app surrounding the Rank Icon :P

3D world view

Starting with version 2.0.0, Lumiya can show the Second Life world around you in 3D. However, it has some limitations, so please read the details below to see if it suits you.

Performance, as of version 2.3.0:

• On modern phones and tablets with CPU frequencies in 1GHz range, it will give you around 10-20 FPS in quiet locations. Initial world generation takes a few seconds, and texture download may take longer.
  • On older generation phones with CPU frequencies in 300 MHz range, it will give you around 1-3 FPS at best, and initial world generation takes tens of seconds. It may still be useful to give you a brief idea of your surroundings.
  • Performance and memory requirements largely depend on draw distance. If you experience Out of Memory errors, reducing draw distance will help a lot.
  • At busy locations with lot of avatars around, the framerate will inevitably drop.
Limitations:
  • Sky and water are not textured. Terrain is optionally textured.
  • Textures are heavily downsampled to comply with Android memory usage limitations.
  • Particle systems, local lighting and other fancy features are not supported.
Stability:
  • 3D world view by itself is fairly stable; however, occasional crashes may happen - please report them so I could fix them. Thanks!

Specific requirements:

• It can work with plain old OpenGL-ES 1.0 without VBO support, but the performance will suffer a lot. Modern phones usually have VBO support, and Lumiya will use it when it is available.
  • The native code parts are compiled for ARM and x86 processors. If you have an Android device with other CPU and would like to see it available for your device, please let me know.
And yes.. take a look at the screenshots. Screenshots »

lumiya_02_5_runi.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3873 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.