skybox secure, entry into SL supposedly secure but not sure now

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I logged out last night (Saturday) at approximately 7pm UK time and I left Jaz sitting on the balconey upstairs. She had black capri trousers on, a lilac top and a black collar necklance with black shoes. Then I log on just now and Jaz is standing on the floor, and is now wearing a black n white strapless top, a black leather skirt over the black capris, a thick black ring collar, much bigger than mine, her eyes had been changed from blue to brown (which I'd never do cos I love blue eyes), I had black thigh length boots on, which I don't own because I don't like them and I cannot figure out how it happened. The tops had 3 different versions on and she had earrings. I didn't even know I owned earrings.

My question is I guess, how could this have happened. My skybox security is always on and I've not met anyone i've invited in. I know it words because the day before I got a message to say someone had tried to get in. Even if they could over-ride the security system how on earth could they completely re-clothe my Jaz. don't get me wrong if I was a Domme I'd look very well dressed for the role but as I am completely the opposite to me it just looked all wrong.

I've changed my password for Jaz but is there anything else I can do? It makes me nervous to think someone is able to get into my private SLworld?

At the risk of stating the obvious -- and I'm no expert, god knows, anyway -- it doesn't sound as though the security of your skybox is the issue here. It sounds as though your account has been hacked, albeit by someone who is relatively "benign," hasn't locked you out of the account, and has, um, "gifted" you with interesting new items of apparel. 

It's good that you've changed your password. You should also probably notify LL about the hack, check your transaction records, and look over your inventory for items that might have been added to outfits and so on that could potentially harbour scripts.

And I'd be asking myself if there was anyone who might have had some easy means of hacking your account, and might want to make a "point'" of some sort by dressing you up as a Dom.

Jazleen Raynier wrote:

I logged out last night (Saturday) at approximately 7pm UK time and I left Jaz sitting on the balconey upstairs. She had black capri trousers on, a lilac top and a black collar necklance with black shoes. Then I log on just now and Jaz is standing on the floor, and is now wearing a black n white strapless top, a black leather skirt over the black capris, a thick black ring collar, much bigger than mine, her eyes had been changed from blue to brown (which I'd never do cos I love blue eyes), I had black thigh length boots on, which I don't own because I don't like them and I cannot figure out how it happened. The tops had 3 different versions on and she had earrings. I didn't even know I owned earrings.

My question is I guess, how could this have happened. My skybox security is always on and I've not met anyone i've invited in. I know it words because the day before I got a message to say someone had tried to get in. Even if they could over-ride the security system how on earth could they completely re-clothe my Jaz. don't get me wrong if I was a Domme I'd look very well dressed for the role but as I am completely the opposite to me it just looked all wrong.

I've changed my password for Jaz but is there anything else I can do? It makes me nervous to think someone is able to get into my private SLworld?

Avatars don't exist in-world when they aren't logged in - the "sitting/standing" means nothing because animations aren't carried over after a logout. Security systems will mean nothing in this case because there's nothing to protect.

An avatar can only be clothed in things that are either in that avatar's inventory or the library, and I don't see a library avatar that matches that description. Look at your account dashboard and view your transaction history for last night - if someone logged in your avatar and put on clothing that you don't own they must have bought or otherwise acquired it and it will show up in your transaction history.

Are you SURE you didn't accidentally "wear" a folder, perhaps one you didn't even realize you had?

i did make sure I wasn't wearing an outfit I may have bought when I was in world before a couple of years ago but nothing. They also changed my eye colour. In rl I have very blue eyes and love finding a clolour as near to my own and would never wear brown (no offence I just like blue eyes). There doesn't seem to have been any transactions. I think this may well remain a mystery. Fortunately they didn't take what little money I had in her account....just the memory of a very bad outfit - thigh high boots I ask you and a collar thatt would have looked just as good on a shire horse. lol But thank you for your assistance, hopefully whoever it is will not be able to get in again and if they do, I'd rather a gorgeous evening gown, something in peacock blue...

Jazleen Raynier wrote:

i did make sure I wasn't wearing an outfit I may have bought when I was in world before a couple of years ago but nothing. They also changed my eye colour. In rl I have very blue eyes and love finding a clolour as near to my own and would never wear brown (no offence I just like blue eyes). There doesn't seem to have been any transactions. I think this may well remain a mystery. Fortunately they didn't take what little money I had in her account....just the memory of a very bad outfit - thigh high boots I ask you and a collar thatt would have looked just as good on a shire horse. lol But thank you for your assistance, hopefully whoever it is will not be able to get in again and if they do, I'd rather a gorgeous evening gown, something in peacock blue...

There is also no way to add clothing to your avatar unless the items are in your inventory. There is no way for additions to be made to your inventory without it showing in your transaction history.  Be sure when you look at your transaction history that you have checked show zero transactions too so that any 'gifts' are shown.   I would also check the properties of these surprise additions for the date they were aquired.  Perhaps that will give you a further clue.  If the aquisition dates were more than 30 days ago then the transfer to your inventory wouldn't show in your transaction history.

Your account password was likely compromised in some way. One way is if you logged into a fake Second Life Marketplace, which then captured your password. The real Second Life Marketplace is

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/  

and the real login server is

https://id.secondlife.com/openid/login

Another way is that you gave your password to someone else. Don't let other people have your password. 

Also be sure you have up-to-date anti-virus running on your computer.

The only way for this to happen is for someone else to log into your account, buy new clothes and dress your avatar up in them.  Someone has somehow gotten hold of your account and played a prank on you.

The security orb in your skybox didn't help because your avatar is allowed in there - it doesn't detect who is operating the avatar.

The fact that it was a prank rather than a simple theft of your account and L$ suggests to me that this was done by someone you know. Perhaps someone who lives in your household who can guess your password, or log you in because you have the pasword saved on your viewer/browser?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.