stalking

Niccolo McMahon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Good evening to the entire board,

I would like to inform you that for a couple of weeks an avatar pawn me and my partner.

About two weeks ago he 'came into my house and started to tell her bad bad words and then from anywhere my partner go after a while he stood there without saying anything.

He sent messages to both of us for telling me lies on my behalf and on his ...

Finally, he said that if I will make REPORT, he will kill my avatr ?

What can I do?

Thanks to all.

-Thank you to all well 

1 - Made report He has 3 avatrs

2- Mute, derender 

3 - Is not my land. I pay for the land 

3 answers to this question

Welcome to Second Life Answers, Niccolo

When someone comes into your home without your permission, you can eject them and ban them.  If you own the land you can eject and ban them by using your land abilities. If you rent the land, then you can make use of an ejector orb (found on Marketplace) that you can set up to ensure only you and those who you give permission to can invade your personal space.

However, as IMs are always possible, from anywhere in SL, I strongly advise you and your partner to make use of the block/mute feature.

And NEVER respond to a stalker/griefer.

Block/mute, send them into the land of invisibility as soon as possible. They do not exist. They do not matter.

• Like 1

Hi Niccolo,

First, nobody can kill your avatar. He can annoy you, he can harass you with objects that follow you around a sim or try to crash your viewer by overloading it, but he can not cause lasting damage to your avatar. You simply teleport away and he's gone. You block him and he's gone. You tell your friends to do the same and he's gone. If you block him, he'll not be able to IM you, nor will he appear in your view when nearby. It's almost (almost ;-) as if he's not there.

If you own a Linden Home, I believe you can ban him, so he can't enter your house. If you rent, ask your landlord if the stalker can be banned from your sim. If you have chat transcripts of his threats, file an Abuse Report including them in the "Details" section of the report window. Instructions for doing so can be found here...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065

Good luck!

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.