Is there anyway I can get the SL10B Bear Avatar?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been looking for a good bear avatar in SL for YEARS.  Last year, I was unable to play SL for several months because my computer wasn't up to snuff.  Recently, I went looking for a bear avatar again and tried google images and found out about the SL10B Bear Avatar.  It said it was only available untill June 30th :(.  I've checked the marketplace and other places in SL to no avail.  Please tell me I can get it somewhere else.

Barong Berboral wrote:

I have been looking for a good bear avatar in SL for YEARS.  Last year, I was unable to play SL for several months because my computer wasn't up to snuff.  Recently, I went looking for a bear avatar again and tried google images and found out about the SL10B Bear Avatar.  It said it was only available untill June 30th
:(
.  I've checked the marketplace and other places in SL to no avail.  Please tell me I can get it somewhere else.

The only thing I can think of is try sending a message (IM) to Shopkeeper Linden.

Sodalemon (not sure if the name is right) posted here not all that long ago because he was looking for the same thing for one of his shoots. I'm pretty sure someone that replied to the post had a link to the avatar. Lemme look. It wasn't all that long ago and I posted to the thread so I should be able to dig it up.

SodaGnome (how did I get lemon from that? That makes no sense even to me!). Unfortunately it doesn't look good. He'd actually ordered one from MP so it was still in his Received Items folder, but I did not see anything that told him where he could get one now. Someone in the thread mentioned that the box was copyable, so it's possible someone you know still has the box and can give you a copy.

If you want to double-check, here's the thread: http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Second-Life-Anniversary-Gift-Bear-Avatar-GONE/td-p/2340013

I don't think the Lindens have any pity :(.  I don't understand why I, under circumstances beyond my control(my old computer died and I had to get a cheap laptop to do my work until I could save up for a better one), now have to suffer for not being able to play SL to get the bear avatar that is ABSOLUTELY EXACTLY PERFECTLY what I've been looking for for THREE years.  I've actually asked people around if they knew a good bear avatar and they said no.

Barong Berboral wrote:

I don't think the Lindens have any pity
:(
.  I don't understand why I, under circumstances beyond my control(my old computer died and I had to get a cheap laptop to do my work until I could save up for a better one), now have to suffer for not being able to play SL to get the bear avatar that is ABSOLUTELY EXACTLY PERFECTLY what I've been looking for for THREE years.  I've actually asked people around if they knew a good bear avatar and they said no.

You never know until you ask.  Send a message to Shopkeeper Linden and explain what happened.  You have nothing to lose.

Sy Beck wrote:

Is this not tediously boring and a terrible summary on life that any one actually cares this much about a collection of pixels?

"..that anyone actually cares this much...?" I didn't see any signs of psychological trauma in the OP, just someone looking for something to make being in Second Life more enjoyable. And in fact that something isn't really a 'collection of pixels'; it's a collection of ones and zeros in digital storage. We just interact with it visually so to us it appears to be a collection of pixels.

If you can ask a question like that in all seriousness, perhaps your connection with Second Life has faded. I think it does for everyone; at times I wonder if mine has gone a little south as well. And I can understand someone wanting to stay connected to the Forum or other forums about SL, even if that someone no longer spends much time inworld,  just because of the pleasure of being part of the conversation.

I just don't see why you felt compelled to respond.

ETA quote, as usual

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3729 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.