Having so many issues right now.

Sparrow Vyper

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

First off I am using the latest version of Firestorm so people know before responding.

As of last night I have been having so many issues with SL it's not funny, the first thing to occur was an issue where mesh simply would not load ( I kept seeing those little triangles you get when a mesh fails to load) despite having my meshmaxconccurent settings to max (64).

At around the same time as that I started also having issues TPing ANYWHERE it seemed, any attempts to leave the sim I was in would lead to me being disconnected, and if I attempted to login to my home point I ended up in some random sim.

Lastly, this happened after clearing my cache and restarting my computer I am not unable to attach or wear anything on my avatar, though I can easily remove anything I want, which now has me forced to walk around nude because I was attempting to switch outfits when it happened.

PS: Another issue I'm having is that there is a lot of "lag" between me hitting the X to close SL and the program actually closing. I know this isn't a hardware issue because it only happens with SL.

It may simply be that the Firestorm was corrupted on download, try down loading it again and re install, as is always said do a full clean install. If it was OK before then I can not see it being anything else. My self i went back to the pre Beta, i was having other issues, mainly the font size for script editing.

Sparrow Vyper wrote:

First off I am using the latest version of Firestorm so people know before responding.

As of last night I have been having so many issues with SL it's not funny, the first thing to occur was an issue where mesh simply would not load ( I kept seeing those little triangles you get when a mesh fails to load) despite having my meshmaxconccurent settings to max (64).

At around the same time as that I started also having issues TPing ANYWHERE it seemed, any attempts to leave the sim I was in would lead to me being disconnected, and if I attempted to login to my home point I ended up in some random sim.

Lastly, this happened after clearing my cache and restarting my computer I am not unable to attach or wear anything on my avatar, though I can easily remove anything I want, which now has me forced to walk around nude because I was attempting to switch outfits when it happened.

PS: Another issue I'm having is that there is a lot of "lag" between me hitting the X to close SL and the program actually closing. I know this isn't a hardware issue because it only happens with SL.

If you have a problem like that while running Firestorm specifically one of the first things you should try is "Avatar" - "Avatar Health" - "Recreate LSL Bridge." Neither clearing cache nor re-installing Firestorm will fix a "bridge" that's having issues, and bridge problems can cause a number of seemingly unrelated issues.

I'm having similar issues. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared folders out of local and roaming in apps. cleared cache dozens of times before all that.  Ran disk clean up, cleared out things i didn't need in programs (i.e uninstalled programs I don't use or need.)  Still when I log on having script errors out the yazoo, nothing as far as clothes will rez, AND on top of that I can't rez any objects on my sim.  So... What's the problem? I've done EVERY thing I can think of.. is there something I am potentially missing?

steph Arnott wrote:

It may simply be that the Firestorm was corrupted on download, try down loading it again and re install, as is always said do a full clean install. If it was OK before then I can not see it being anything else. My self i went back to the pre Beta, i was having other issues, mainly the font size for script editing.

It didn't occur to me that this might be the issue, so I'll go ahead and try this out. I have tried uninstalling and deleteing all files then doing a fresh download and a fresh install though it didn't seem to help anything. The problem with not being able to login to my Home seems to be fixed, but now I can't teleport out of it, however it seems I can change my avatar clothing and attachments here so I'm wondering if maybe it's an issue with the sim I was at.

Also, if you're on the beta version, it may be causing issues. I had issues related to that until I rolled back one. It was perfectly fine for a few weeks except a few minor things here and there, then it all exploded into something similar. I rolled back one version (to the official release which you have to hunt for, for some reason. The 4.5.1 is the beta) and it all worked great again.

Are you getting any error message? And if you do, what does it say?

Also, it's always good policy let the viewer's team try their beta releases themselves. I'm still running Firestorm 4.4.2 (34167) and the only issues that I recently experienced were caused on the server side (which seem to have been fixed now.)

I went back to pre beta version, others say it OK, but I had all sorts of odd problems. Mind you login on and getting a message saying "do you know everything about Firestorm? Don't feel bad, neither do we" and there I was thinking that they wrote the code. Makes me feel great knowing they do not even know how it works, LOL. BTW this last sentence is sarcasm.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3738 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.