Looking For A Good Avatar below L$50

prem4998

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We could keep this alive for a while. I think this skin fits a grumpy rock chick look.

12416094824_4acf5fe37e_z.jpg

The boots is just awesome for 10L. They are almost black inworld, you have to use a very very light setting to see the brown in them. Grungy and unixex, original and great quality. The shape was fun to use since it's a very different face from what I usually wear. I had to adjust breasts and hips a bit to fit M in mesh standard size. The Marketplace is filled with copybotted hair at the moment. It's really hard to suggest a hair that I think is original work and not a stolen one. This looks genuine, has a inworld store and sells hair in several colors - stolen hair is usually sold one style, one color.

[ S H O C K ] Amber Shape Group Gift 1L MP
Essences - Emma Gift - doux *brunette* group gift in store, group free to join
Essences - Emma Eyebrows
Corvus : Freebie Tattoo MP
dl:: Belly Bandaid tattoo b&w MP
Truth Hairbase – chocolate Free in store
*BC* Free mesh Eyelashes 1L MP
*COCO*_Gift_SkinnyJeans_M group gift in store, group free to join
*League* Windlight Facelight Softer free in store
.:RB-Necklace:. (F-size) MP
::A JEWEL:: CUFFS FOR BEAUTY Belly Piercing MP
a m o r o u s // You // Bracelet Left MP
BD-Group Bracelet MP
KMADD Mesh eyes sampler demo MP
Hide_Eyelashes (Viewer 2.0) 8WITH Kmadd sampler)
Lip piercing *Onyx Paw* MP
Mesh Head - Angels Chick Tank M MP
worn combats female medium DRD 10L MP
[ S H O C K ] Glitters Storm 1L MP
[ S H O C K ] Nails Cover Glove - Customizable
[ SOCO ] Studded Leather Belt V2.0 (Female) MP
[Castellian] Olivia Hair – Black 1L MP

*MP=Marketplace
Total cost 14 L

Default hands and feet used to be a sure sign that you couldn't spend much money on your avatar. Now the store known as The Body Co before and The Shops now set out free hands and feet, and also a really nice pack of classic pumps. I forgot to count the colors, but it was at least 5, and black included... that's generous. Free stuff is often "special" colors.

http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/The%20Shops/129/129/4

You must "buy" the shopping hud (it's free) and then teleport to a new room. You need the HUD attached to get this. First time I tried, the HUD would not work, but if you take it off and on again it usually fixes it.

What's the downside? I could not find a way to finetune the colormatching. I had to use the color chart of skins The Shops sell. While you can get a close look or not, it depends on sheer luck unless you own or buy a skin from The Shops. There are no nail options, but the feet and hands is formed really nice. You can use the feet barefeet too. As I understand it, there will be some cooperation so there will be more skin designers added to the pool. Time will show if this can be as popular as Slink.

smallgown_009.jpgfree look.jpg

[ S H O C K ] Amber Shape gown Group Gift (new) 1L Modified to fit mesh gown

*YS & YS* Persefone Earth Teeth Groupgift January 2014

*YS&YS* Persefone Eyebrows Free group gift, no fee

TheMeshProject! (MeshFoot)(f) 'Mid') Free inworld

TheMeshProject! (MeshHand)(f) 'Relaxed' Free inworld

Faenzo - UFFIE Hair // DABR Dark Brown MP 1L

*YS & YS* Persefone BrownHairbase

KMADD Mesh Eyes Free sample MP

Hide_Eyelashes (Viewer 2.0) (Included with the eyes)

cat-eyeliner Passion tattoos MP free

:Glamorize:. Sweet Combo – Eyes 1L

*BC* Eyelashes 1+2 1L

Miamai_Nana DKPurple M Free group gift, no fee

*R+a* petit heart Earrings(pearl) Free MP

.: mE. ~ Awareness + Hope SL Bracelet ~ Silver Free MP

mirror ring gift Free MP

Ring ETERNITY Free MP

The Shops! Freebie Pumps (Mid) Black Free inworld

Sephina Frostbite wrote:

Actually I have noob hands becasue I dont like the stiffness of the hands. I wish they made animated one.

I don't use mesh hands or feet either, mostly because the maker of my skin doesn't make appliers and I love my skin.  I'm not sure how I'd feel about having them be stiff all the time, if I did use them... to be quite honest, I'd prefer other parts of my body to be stiff all the time rather than my hands or feet.

...Dres

I tried the mesh hands and feet, but in the end I probably won't use them. I did't like the required shape settings (relatively low fat, high muscle). I've already rebuilt my av to be close to mesh 'standard sizes', and I found the designed values left my legs looking a bit too angular.

I feels a bit harsh to criticise something so well made and given away for free. I applaud them for making what is effectively a fully usable demo to draw interest to their product, but it's not for me.

Marianne Little wrote:

You must "buy" the shopping hud (it's free) and then teleport to a new room. You need the HUD attached to get this. First time I tried, the HUD would not work, but if you take it off and on again it usually fixes it.

What's the downside? I could not find a way to finetune the colormatching.

If the freebie mesh feet don't use blender socks the Slink blender socks might help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3717 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.