Process Credit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Wondering if anyone else is struggling with LL's process credit during the last week. I put a request through on Jan 7th. Typically it takes 3 - 5 business days. I chatted with support two days ago who in turn opened a ticket. The ticket has not been replied to by anyone at LL. I chatted with support again yesterday and the only response was to wait for the ticket to be answered.

Anyone else having to wait longer than 5 days to get their money deposited into PayPal?

I have been struggling for the past 2 or 3 days to purchase lindens with my credit card and with my paypal account, but can't get anything to work.  I'm rapidly running out of funds.  Put in a customer support complaint and now have to wait until they can check for the problem. 

I thought I'd give it a go to see if I encountered any problems, and I have, but not (yet) the long delay mentioned in the OP.

First I clicked the only suitable option on the Process Credit page, which was to select a payout method. Then I finally discovered that I had to check the listed one that I'd previously used. Then I tried to cash out and it asked for my password. That's where it stopped and I was left waiting for the next page which never arrived. It was tring to verify my password but never managed it.

My US$ total didn't change so no harm done and I started again. This time my selected payment method is filled in so I don't need to go through that process again. I had to log out and in again before I could get the yellow "Request Process Credit" button to work and ask for my password. Then I waited for my password to be verified so I could cash out but I eventually got a "This page can't be displayed", as before

In short, I can't cash out. I'm on the wrong end of the blog post that venus linked to. It's over a month since it was posted and it doesn't look like the problem is being investigated at all.

I had two overdue transactions, and filed a trouble ticket inquiring about them. I received a reply almost immediately, and was informed that my payments were on hold due to the USA PATRIOT Act.  I suspect you'll find the same issue, as have many other merchants.  Linden Lab is sending out notices via the support system, and being very slow about it.  In the meantime, you'll find information here: 

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussion-Forum/Patriot-Act-Letter-from-LL/td-p/2435875

Do yourself a favor and only read the first post before skipping to the end of the thread. It's turned into a flame war by misdirected souls.

P.S. Exodus, 5 working days from January 9 is January 16, so your payment was only 1 day late when you posted. Still, it doesn't hurt to open a ticket and ask why.

hello all! I am glad to see I am not the only one in SL having issues with paying for linden! I have land fees that are due and cannot pay them because LL is not taking my credit card when i needed to get lindens. I called LL twice and they have yet to to give me advise otehr than to open a PP account, which i have one but have to do a waiting game to let them verify my account. Hope they get their act together!

I have a ticket in, and even added a reply to it asking for an update. Still have heard nothing.

I understand that the Patriot Act requires a form to be filled out with pertinent information, I've done that on the PayPal side. I have not been asked to do so on the LL side. My caution would be, if I fill it out for Paypal, and LL comes at me with the same requirement, then will that mean I'm going to be paying taxes twice for the same amount taken out? After all, I would get a 1099 (or whatever form it is) from both entities. If that happens, isn't the double dipping? I would have thought that the form would need to be filled out by those receiving a check from LL, and not going through Paypal.

I'm sure they are off today due to Martin Luthger King Day (I'm not off, go figure), but this really is getting ridiculous. 8 business days have gone by for something they say takes 5 days max. No replies to tickets, and reps on chat tell me to wait for a response from the ticket. Seems like a no win.

Update to my previous post:-

I just went to try and request a cashout to PayPal and discovered that my earlier attempt (see my previous post) actually went through. I'd tried 2 days ago (Saturday) and that's when it was dated. So the working days start from today (Monday). I'll wait and see how long it takes for LL to pay the money into my PayPal account. The minimum 5 working days will take it to the weekend, so I'm not expecting anything to happen until a week today at the earliest.

Linden Labs are now putting a hold on all pending process credits until a W-8BEN (TAX) form has been completed and returned by to them.

They also require photograph evidence of your ID such as a passport or driving license.

(See Below)

The W-8BEN form is a standard TAX form required by all third party websites who allow merchants to sell through or on their platform. Such as contentparadis.com and Renderosity.com to name a couple of examples.

For Secondlife.com, this has been long overdue IMO and will cause all kinds of stress and worry for those who have been cashing out but not declaring it to their countries TAX departmemnt and for those who for what ever reason, do not want their real ID to be made official and have income tied up in Linden Labs.

Furthermore, all previous Process Credits remain on record so if you do provide this information, there is a possibility that the TAX will be checking how much income has been withdrawn in your name over the months, years and how long you have been paying TAX.

I wish they had given us some notice as now my money will be locked until I can renew my passport and that can take a minimum of three weeks.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Case: 01844731
Type: Unable to determine
  Dear LillyBeth Filth,

Linden Lab is required by applicable law to obtain, verify and maintain information identifying each person or legal entity who maintains an account which meets certain minimum standards.

Due to the volume and/or amount of Process Credit Requests you have submitted this year, Linden Lab is now required to collect and confirm the following account information from you:

•    Name
•    Date of birth
•    Address
•    Identification number

We are using EchoSign to facilitate the collection of this information. Please use the relevant link below to provide the above-requested information.

•    U.S. - https://secure.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=7X8TPB4E4U4I5C
•    Non-U.S. - https://secure.echosign.com/public/hostedForm?formid=7XBB3LN2WIXD4M

Please complete and submit the form. You should then receive an email from EchoSign containing a confirmation link. You must click the link in that confirmation e-mail in order to complete the process. If you do not receive a confirmation e-mail, please check your spam/junk filters.

In addition to the form itself, we are required to obtain a copy of your government-issued photo identification (ID). The information on the ID must be current (i.e. not expired) and must match the information your submitted on the form.

IMPORTANT:
1. Please be certain to include the Avatar Name where it is requested on the form. If you are not certain which account needs to provide the information, please look above at the beginning of this email/case; it is addressed to your Avatar Name.
2. You must enter your name exactly as it appears on your tax forms.

The following are acceptable forms of photo ID:
•    Driver's license
•    Military ID card
•    Passport
•    Any other form of government-issued photo ID

If your photo ID does not display your address, you must also provide us with a copy of a current utility or telephone bill. The name and address to which the bill is addressed must match the photo ID.

In the meantime, it is necessary for us to place a hold on any and all Process Credit Requests for your account until we receive your form and supporting documentation.

You must submit the form and identification within thirty (30) days of the date of this request. If you have not complied with this request within such time, we will place your account(s) on Administrative Hold until we receive such information. You may or may not receive a reminder; we recommend that you promptly submit the requested information to avoid any adverse effect to your Second Life account.

If you have additional accounts under which you transact with Linden Lab, we encourage you to provide the names of those avatars at this time to receiving duplicate information requests. You should include those Avatar Names on the EchoSign form in the appropriate place.

We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your cooperation.

Kind Regards,
Linden Lab

West Habercom wrote:

Don't count today, Phil... it;s a bank holiday. Your count begins tomorrow. :)

Good point. So my count starts today (Tuesday) and 8 days will be up a week on Thursday.

@Cheshyre. If my memory is correct, and I think it is, the transfer should go through in 5 to 8 working days, and not 5 days + 1.

@West. Again if my memory is correct, what I've understood from the information in this thread is that LL are only asking for the form to be filled in by those who cash out above certain amounts in a certain period, so they are not asking it of everybody. But we shall see.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...

was your problem ever solved? I have the same issue...i withraw money from sl on the 5th... in 8 days i got email stating that the process was completed...i went to paypal and there was nothing...i contacted paypal and they confirmed that no money was sent to my account...i called linden they opened a case ...and up to this day no further information...I left a comment and still nothing......i called again all they said was that they put in a ticket and id have to wait....WTF ....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3427 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.