Quit SecondLife???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am having a lot of trouble with using SL for I struggle to remain online for long than a few minutes and I am coming across others who are also struggling to have any connection with SL. Now try and find a way to contact Linden Labs. You have more chance of catching AIDS from an ant bite than getting into contact with Linden.

Why did I bother paying membership for no support in return when SL no longer works?

Just for the record: on 14 January at 1:45 pm SLT I can see that there are 55449 people online. So SL does work for all of those people.

You might have internet connection problems or some other problems. It would help to pinpoint what might cause your problems if you told info about your system:

• Your Internet connection speed
• Your computer specifications (look at viewer menu "Help, About Second life"

Copy and paste that information here so we can have a look. Thank you.

i see over 55000 people online this moment so somehow Linden is doing right to them.

Most likeley your machine or internet connection isn't able to let you stay online.

Perhaps using wifi?...search the forums for that... you'll find that it's not suported for SL, use a cable to see if it is better.

LifeOfSheree wrote:

I am having a lot of trouble with using SL for I struggle to remain online for long than a few minutes and I am coming across others who are also struggling to have any connection with SL. Now try and find a way to contact Linden Labs. You have more chance of catching AIDS from an ant bite than getting into contact with Linden.

Why did I bother paying membership for no support in return when SL no longer works?

You're connecting from Australia and there are problems in the route between you and the SL servers. That route is determined not by Linden Lab, but by your ISP, depending on the contracts they have with "backbone" providers.

Okay, let's say your dry cleaner is on the other side of town, across a river. Now it turns out there's construction on the nearest bridge across the river so you either have to wait in traffic or go miles out of your way. It's going to take longer and you may well decide to get a new dry cleaner because of it. But you can't expect the dry-cleaner to fix the bridge.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3753 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.