ETA

sphinxy1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Is there someone out there who can give me an estimated time on when I'll be able to access my inventory again? I haven't been able to get dressed in two days and now I can't even be more then a cloud. ZERO access to inventory. I've spent A LOT of money on lindens lately and it seems to be all for naught as I need to be involved in things TOMORROW.

Why spend money on lindens if I can't play the game for days on end?

not only that but it's like the third one today.... this is getting ridiculous... I may have to take a closer look at IW...I love my SL but when it gets to stealing my money from me... which it is basically doing... it's time to start looking around. So sad.

sphinxy1 wrote:

Is there someone out there who can give me an estimated time on when I'll be able to access my inventory again? I haven't been able to get dressed in two days and now I can't even be more then a cloud. ZERO access to inventory. I've spent A LOT of money on lindens lately and it seems to be all for naught as I need to be involved in things TOMORROW.

Why spend money on lindens if I can't play the game for days on end?

Sphinxy, the problem is most likely with your viewer's cache, so the ETA is up to you.

Here's a page dealing with your inventory issues...

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory_loss

The first solution listed "Clearing Second Life's Cache" will probably fix that.

If that doesn't fix your avatar cloud problem, here's another page that may help. It's for Firestorm, but applies to all viewers...

http://wiki.phoenixviewer.com/phoenix:bake_fail

These sorts of problems are more prevalent if you are on wi-fi. You may see improvement with a wired connection, or by relocating/reorienting your computer.

Good luck!

ETA: I see the grid is undergoing unscheduled maintenance. Check this page for the "all clear"...

http://status.secondlifegrid.net/2014/01/02/post2151/

I would really like an answer to this as well. Yesterday i spent the whole day bald and today I am a cloud ! also i have boxes left on my property that i cannot delete just sitting there taking up prim space. not to mention all my group chats are timing out after 5 seconds (its pobably a diffrent issue though)  I would really like to know when second life will be playable again. 

Had probs too today, when trying to change clothes.  Inv 'unable' to supply items and I actually ended up wearing two skirts, one on top of the other, while trying to sort.  Neither will come off and I was unable to put on a top either - inv wouldn't supply.  Facwd with two skirts & no top I gave up and had to use my alt WITHOUT changing any of her clothes.  I do hope the problem, whatever it is, is sorted soon!

Thanks but am not a noob. I do all the "fixes" way before I ever come to this forum and usually wait a min of 3-4 hours for LL to screw their head on straight. Two days of this crap... I just paid out 17 grand in lindens that I paid for and now... the thing I'm suppose to do tomorrow that cost me this money... I'm gonna have to cancel. So yeah.. I'm a little steamed at this point.

sphinxy1 wrote:

Thanks but am not a noob. I do all the "fixes" way before I ever come to this forum and usually wait a min of 3-4 hours for LL to screw their head on straight. Two days of this crap... I just paid out 17 grand in lindens that I paid for and now... the thing I'm suppose to do tomorrow that cost me this money... I'm gonna have to cancel. So yeah.. I'm a little steamed at this point.

Don't cancel anything right, everything will probably be fixed by tomorrow. Sometimes things break and they have to be fixed. LL was closed over the holidays and it is probably taking more time then they thought to get things straightened out. (oh lord...did I just defend LL???) This is nothing compared to when I first joined SL. Wednesdays were a nightmare. You were lucky if you got in after 3 days. LOL. Just be patient. Things DO take time.

sphinxy1 wrote:

You gave no indication that you'd tried anything at all to regain your inventory. You may not be a noob to SL, but you've got a lot to learn about asking for help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3766 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.