Suggestions for clothing other than......

tessakennedy1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So far my favorite stores are Maitreya, Cold Logic, Duck nipple. I wanted to see if I could enlist  ask others for their suggestions as I believe im hitting a wall when it comes to marketplace. 

A couple of points I could make to help with suggestions would be

1. Mesh.

2 Made for curvy avatars.

3. Stylish but nothing to slutty or over revealing. 

The Idea is to find classy clothing and yes I know that not all of Duck NIpples clothes are Classy.

Sakide - new stuff is mesh. Old stuff isn't. Sakide uses templates, so its not original. But the coloring of the templates is top notch and they're always standard sizes compatible.

Severed Garden - new stuff is mostly mesh. Demo it, as sometimes the shop uses non-standard templates.

22769 - both a clothing shop and furniture shop. Clothes both male and female. Designs are mostly original.

Artizana - African themed fashions. Very distinct texturing.

LUAS - mostly 'gorean', but some other fashions that are well done.

Mon Tissu and Celoe have styles that (kind of?) mimic what can be found at Cold Logic. They're on the same sim, Mayfair.

The Secret Store and Teefy are both on the same sim. A few similar clothing choices to Cold Logic, but the theme runs more to cutesy and vintage.

Monso is a smaller store with styles geared more toward young college adult, but their stuff is great and worth supporting. Heck, I still wear some of their sculpty stuff from way back in the day.

Collabor88 and FaMeshed are both a veritable mall of sorts where upcoming stylists and stylists that are already a 'thing' can be discovered. The clothing offered has always been within good tastes. Unfortunately, if you keep up with both these locations you'll often find yourself wearing the same mesh garments as everyone else--at least for the first week when both stores put out new releases. The selection changes monthly, so it's good to keep a mind to always come back in the middle of each new month.

Kristin Burner wrote:

Since i thnk all mesh is made to the standard sizing with some placing maybe adding different butt sizes and breast sizes, but that is rare.

Actually its a notable problem that a number of mesh templates are NOT made to standard sizes while using sizing labels that are the same as the standard sizes. If you know who makes what templates you can tell on seeing the item no matter which merchant is selling it (because the problem exists with just two mesh modelers).

- In other words: A dress from 'off-maker' will say it is size 'XS', but it won't fit an XS sized avatar, becuse it is not Standard-Size-XS, but 'off-maker-XS'.

A number of other mesh items are not standard sizes but make no claims to be (so not an issue, just a fitting nuissance).

What makes this worse is many merchants will buy a template from the two modelers, see that it has sizes with the standard size labels, not check it - and falsely label it as standard sized. Some few even personally adding in the standard sizes logo (which those two modelers DO NOT add).

So the only real ways to be safe:

1. Get to know the templates - especially the ones sold by these two makers.
  2. Check the standard sizes website to see if your chosen merchant is listed.
  3. Wear a demo, or don't buy.

The reason some "standard sizing" doesnt seam to be standard at all is because your right it is not... 

To make the sizes you need to fit, strech and shrink the mesh to sit on top of the avatar shape for that size (in the 3D program) I have seen that most do not... they dont care if the mesh cuts into the Avatar because latter an alpha layer will be used so they may not think that is of any importance... 

Not all mesh is created equal not even by the same creator, always get a demo, and if they dont offer a demo ask them for one .. it not hard to make a demo. 

Fitted Mesh will be coming out in the near furtre this will slove alot of sizing problems, but still it has to be weighted correctly to the bones so the rule of always get a demo remains.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3783 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.