WHAT´S THAT?

Sonja Smedley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My first guess is that it is part of a poorly designed alpha layer, the one I suspect that is being used for the skirt you are wearing. Try removing the alpha (or any other alpha layer you are wearing, one-by-one of course) to see if that fixes it.

However, there seems to be a slight hint of shading along one ege, very finely gradiating into your skin. As alpha's don't support gradients, my second guess is that it's actually a poorly designed skin - I suspect the back texture of the skin on that side isn't quite 'filling' that part of the texture and leaving a transparent gap. It'll probably be there no matter how much you adjust your shape. Try a different skin and see if it's still there.

(In each case, you're seeing the rug through it because A) avatars have no internal texture and so are invisible when viewed from the iside and B) similalry the mesh skirt probably doesn't have an 'internal' (inside face) texture either)

I found the exact same problem last night in the eyes of my cat furry avatar...

I thought it was a badly made eye prim. So I swapped in the eyes from FATE, and was thinking I might be seeing it there as well from certain angles (but it was on the inside and I wasn't sure...

But if we're both seeing it - might be an SL glitch or a graphic card glitch.

Do you wear an avatar physics layer? If so, take it off, change outfits and re-log. Then when you log back in, change back to this outfit but don't put on the physics layer. Sometimes when you change shapes the "mapping" of the skin on your shape can get messed up - usually this is fixed by a re-log, but I've seen it survive this, and I think physics layers can aggravate it. Clearing cache probably won't help now that most of the avatar baking is done on the servers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.