Solutions to llTeleportAgent*() breaking scripts

Arduenn Schwartzman

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi folks,

This has been an issue for over a year now. And as JIRA seems to be in some sort of lock-down, I wonder if people have come up with solutions by themselves. The original problem? llTeleportAgent() and llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords() can break any script (JIRA) in any attached object that contains a change event.

Today, I actually managed to break scripts in attachments that do not even have a change event. Moreover, the scripts only contained a single state. Nevertheless, the scripts halted and gave the error: 'cannot determine script state'.

Some 'workarounds' in the JIRA were 'not to compile in certain regions' or to add an empty return to any function containing llTeleportAgent() or llTeleportAgentGlobalCoords(). These solutions haven't really worked for me.

What has worked for me, though, is to initialise with llSetMemoryLimit(0x10000). I do get the occasional error message, which I can smooth out by changing the memory value to an arbitrary number, somewhere between 64k and the amount of memory actually used.

Here's a few qestions:

1. Does anyone know a sim where these scripts can be compiled and with error-free results?
  2. Does anyone have alternative solutions to the 'cannot determine script state' teleport bug?
  3. Does anyone have any insight in whether LL is working on this?

Does anyone have any insight in whether LL is working on this?

Not exactly, but there have been a couple RC releases that purport to include infrastructure for an eventual release of eXperience Permissions, of which the llTeleportAgent*() functions were to have been a part, before they had to be nerfed. So it's possible that something altogether different is in the works (which is why I, for one, haven't seen much point to fussing about the current sorry state of the functions).

(Incidentally, llTeleportAgent was a reserved word in LSL long before RLV ever existed. It just never did anything for years and years, until it was made to do something -- something of no utility whatsoever, but something.)

• 4 months later...

Those release notes are the only confirmation we have.  As with any other feature in SL, the only way that we can be sure that the fix worked is to try it. Ultimate verification depends on having lots of scripting guinea pigs hop on the treadmill and try to break it.

FWIW, I tried it myself yesterday and my script didn't break.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.