Inventory and Unscheduled Maintenance

sphinxy1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have read the unscheduled maintenance for today:

[POSTED 1:07 PM PST, 06 December 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled database maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. Please check back here for updates.

And I see where it says inventory loading issues. 

Please tell me I will get my inventory back because as of right now.... I have NOTHING. No Av...No Clothes.... No Things... No Anything at all. Many thousands of things and hundreds of thousands of lindens ...........gone.

It has been several hours now and frankly I'm getting a might worried.

[postED 10:03 PM PST, 06 December 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled inventory maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates.

Are we to assume this is still ongoing?  That was posted 8 hours ago but still no update on the Grid Status Report page. I'd really like to know what's going on with this.

Imagin

It is now 12 hours after the apparent start of this maintenance and according to the GSP it is still not resolved.  Now either LL GSP cleared staff have now gone home and left the kettle boiling ot the matter is worse than we dare think (horrors, surely not?).

It is standard practice for LL not to keep us appraised of these matters - according to some it is none of our business(!)

i understand inventory maintenance since 12/06/13 - this is the time that i exp. many many of my no copy inventory items missing.

Unscheduled Inventory Maintenance Friday, December 6th, 2013

[postED 10:03 PM PST, 06 December 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled inventory maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates. *

this is now 12/07/13 - 6:59 slt, does anyone know how long this will continue?

thank you. pam

Sphinxy:

You will, no doubt notice the current postings on the Grid Status Page.  You see?  We were complaining about something that hadn't even started, it seems.  GSP has their own TARDIS, I think.

[RESOLVED] Unscheduled Inventory Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on December 8th, 2013 at 01:00 am PST

[RESOLVED 1:00 AM PST, 08 December 2013] The unscheduled inventory maintenance is now complete.

[postED 10:03 PM PST, 07 December 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled inventory maintenance. During this time, some residents may be logged off and will be temporarily unable to log in, or experience inventory loading issues. This maintenance may also disrupt transactions. Please refrain from transacting with L$ or rezzing valuable (no-copy) items until the all-clear is given. Please check back here for updates.

It is instructive to compare this with the original post. :smileysurprised:

Imagin

I know that as the post currently stands the Inventory Maintenance seems to begin on the 7th...but if you look at what was originally posted, it actually was started 24hours earlier on the 6th, not the 7th.  A bit of Linden Ninja editing was used:

Originally:

[postED 10:03 PM PST, 06 December 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled inventory maintenance.

But finally:

[postED 10:03 PM PST, 07 December 2013] We are currently performing unscheduled inventory maintenance.

:smileysurprised:

I know it is of little importance but it is just so blatant.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is days after the "Resolved Unscheduled Maintenance"  and I am still Missing 80% of my inventory. 

what does LL say.

"I understand your concern and frustration over your recent inventory loss.

At this point, any items that have not been returned to you are unrecoverable and permanently lost. There is nothing more that we can do to assist in this matter, and we are unable to offer compensation for such loss.

I apologize for the inconvenience. Rest assured that we will continue to identify and resolve the causes of inventory loss in Second Life.

Regards,
Customer Support
Linden Lab"

In other words they cause literally 5+ years of items to be deleted and over $1000 USD worth of items gone in one evening. 

Are they willing to get them back.  NO because it doesn't affect them. 

We know that servers are backed up - many of us have had sims rewound to restore damaged systems - the fact that in this case nothing is done is just laziness on behalf of LL and totally unacceptable. At the very least an explanation should be given for losses  of this magnitude. Regardless of LL TOS and rules none of these overide our rights as consumers under law. Lindens are responsible for this and should give an explanation for their negligence at the very least. I am certain that a commercial customer would go to law. At the very least this is very bad for customer relationships. I would expect somebody higher in the Linden organisation to deal with this.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3808 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.