So I unpacked thinking I wouldn't be moving.....

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have been in my house for 7 months around and I didn't think I would be moving but sadly I have. When I moved 7 months ago I unpacked thinking I would never be moving. I unpacked some stuff and deleted the folders. Well yesterday I picked up all my stuff when I remembered to folders were deleted. So... DUMB QUESTION ALERT!!!... Where did it go when I picked it up when the folder is no longer there? Thank you.

I'm full of dumb questions, but I think I have a dumb answer...

Check to see if the folders were created when you took the items. They could be back in your inventory.

Another suggestion is check your "received items" folder. When I've taken things in, sometimes that's where they wind up.

Good luck and I expect an invitation to your next housewarming party....:matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Sephina, they say three moves is as good as a fire. You have my best wishes.

If you took back individual items, they'll end up in the "Objects" folder (or less likely, "Lost and Found"), under their original names. If you took back groups of things, they'll be in those places as coalesced objects under the name of one of the constituient parts, which might just be "Object".

Happy hunting!

Test those coaslessed items somewhere with a lot of land and with the build window open. I've lost things permanently before by rezzing a coaslessed shape larger than the land I had build perms on. Everything outside the land got zapped, and much of that never went into my inventory - just eaten instantly by SL.

But if you have the build window open, they're still held together, and you can move the clunk around to get it inside your land, then let it go and start examining what you have.

Otherwise, as people have suggested, Objects folder. But sometimes also the lost and found folder.

Use the Inventory Filters to limit how far back you want the Inventory window to show "recent items."  Everything you picked up will be treated as a recent item.  This way you can isolate and find everything you just picked up no matter where it went in your inventory and you can resort as needed.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory#Inventory_Filter_Window

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3862 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.