Remembering 9/11/2001

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just a open thought to remember those who lost Trier lives as a result of the events of terrorism on September 11th, 2001.

New York - Flight 93 - The Pentagon

...and always in our thoughts are the families who lost loved ones on this day.

Additionally I want to remember those who gave their time, blood, sweat and tears to come to the aftermath and to help in the rescue, cleanup and support.

Carry on :)

Just a open thought to remember those who lost Trier lives as a result of the events of terrorism on September 11th, 2001.

New York - Flight 93 - The Pentagon

...and always in our thoughts are the families who lost loved ones on this day.

Additionally I want to remember those who gave their time, blood, sweat and tears to come to the aftermath and to help in the rescue, cleanup and support.

Carry on :)

Another view of the same breakfast table....

breakfast.jpg

Judging by the carved out portions in front of Phil and the focused stare, it doesn't look much like he was in the slightest bit shy about showing his appreciation for the melons at the time.

Here is a tribute i made for the first anniversary..

It's very true for today as it was then..the whole day was placed right into some photographic memory slot or something..because not an image of that day will ever be forgotten..

especially the moment we all just realised what was happening all at the same time..

My Deepest respects go out to the families of the victims and the victims themselves...

Also to those that looked danger and death in the face and said ..you're in my way..

then going inside to do whatever they could do to save lives while risking thier lives and losing them as well..

and to those that made it out of all that and live to talk about it today..

and to those that didn't stop after and kept finding people in the rubble..

sad day.png

All of the images are heartbreaking, for me, I'm sure for many others. There is one though that pops up a lot more often than others.

Father Mychal F. Judge, the first certified casualty of the attacks(though not the first to pass away-he was the first identified and brought to the medical examiner). Before entering the lobby to join the rescue workers inside, he stood outside the towers giving last rites to those who had already perished. Some had been hit by falling debris, some perished on the planes or in the buildings where they had hit, and some of the bodies were what had been falling. He then entered the lobby and joined his brothers and sisters in the rescue efforts. Offering both prayers and support for all. When the south tower came down, he was praying his very last words...."Jesus, please end this right now! God, please end this!". A very strong testament to his faith and his desire to help mankind. I may not share his faith, but he was a very strong man right to the very end. Many went into those towers knowing they may not make it back out. Few of those were civilians. His body was laid to rest on the altar of St Peter's church before even being taken to the medical examiner.

The reason this photo speaks to me the way it does is because this man was not a firefighter, he was not trained in rescue efforts, he was not just there to save lives. He was there to perform a duty he knew he'd have to perform...last rites. That's what compelled him to go to the towers, to be there in the last moments for the thousands who would never make it back out. Some like to believe that he was there so he could lead others home. I may not share those same religious beliefs, but I do believe that's a very powerful way to look at things.

There are many images I remember just as vividly, this one just happens to come up more frequently. I know it's one of the more famous, but it's powerful nonetheless.

fatherjudge.jpg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.