Harrassement Issues

Harley Hynes

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I ahte to post like this but I don't know what else to do anymore Since LL won't Do crap about people harrasing other in Game. Sure Call and tell then your Being harrassed only for them to tell you We won't help you ?

Hello its your Game you should do something about it.

I been getting harrassed for over a YR  now and its getting out of hand. I have this person muted ETC and they still leave little harrassment notes not only on my feed but my Sl/ RL feed as well. Calling us Nasty names calling my thre Yr old a lilttle **bleep**> I mean come on a three yr old ?

Where is the Support in this game? Are all the Lindens out in a pub talking it up and who they are going to Screw next or how much Money they are getting out of Residents of the game?

How much more do i have to put up with?

I ahte to post like this but I don't know what else to do anymore Since LL won't Do crap about people harrasing other in Game. Sure Call and tell then your Being harrassed only for them to tell you We won't help you ?

Hello its your Game you should do something about it.

I been getting harrassed for over a YR  now and its getting out of hand. I have this person muted ETC and they still leave little harrassment notes not only on my feed but my Sl/ RL feed as well. Calling us Nasty names calling my thre Yr old a lilttle **bleep**> I mean come on a three yr old ?

Where is the Support in this game? Are all the Lindens out in a pub talking it up and who they are going to Screw next or how much Money they are getting out of Residents of the game?

How much more do i have to put up with?

Stop using random capital letters....it just destroys your sentences and makes reading unnecessary hard.

First of all: You DON'T talk to LL employees here, so "your game" is absolutly wrong. I don't own Second Life and same goes for the others who are going to answer you. (Besides calling SL a game puts you somewhat in a corner with people who like to bully others, because "its only a game"...but that would lead a bit off-topic now).

You can file an AR, like everyone who has such problems + take serveral steps for blocking this person from sending you messages. You can close your profile-feed for strangers, so that person can't write on it. I'm sure, LL sees your ARs. The problem with just patient griefers is, that they come back on new accounts and there is no way to ban them from doing that.

So there are also some behavioral rules you can follow to make yourself into a less attractive target. Your stalker seems to scream desperatly for attention. Don't give that person your attention. Don't reply, don't react in any form. If thats not enough, escape for a while on a secret alt to relax and disable that strangers can see that you are online and only allow friends and groups to contact you with IM.

Thanks, Grif, I thought I recognized the name.

@OP - If you *really* want to deter a griefer, there *are* ways to do so, some mentioned by Syo and likely others in your former thread/s.  In world - defriend/mute - done.  If you have land, put the person on the ban list (that way everyone else won't see banlines).  For SL feeds, as Syo said, make the feeds for friends only and/or at least temporarily totally shut yours down to be visible to anyone.

For the type griefers that create new alts, I've had that happen once in 6 years and only for a short time as each new alt just got muted and after about 3 alts the person gave up.  Keep in mind I did not talk to them, just mute and go on.

Oh you poor thing...

[X] Corrected spelling of "Harassment" in subject line

[X] Shoulder to cry on.

[X] Hug of sympathy.

[X] Words of encouragement.

[X] List of all the steps to take to make the stalker's live a boring hell [can I say that?] - Note: List eliminated this time because it's the same one given the last several times to the OP.

[X] Reminder that no Linden's come to this forum [unless being punished by upper management]

[X] Ending with an uplifting quip or idiom from the Idiom thread and a smile.

Carry on :P

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3902 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.