How can a friend set her "home" to my Linden house?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Look at your parcels settings, in the "About Land" tab.

I think there is a checkbox for "Let others set home point" that you can check that will allow her (and anyone else) set your parcel as "home".

If you want to make sure they land on the doorstep and not in your bedroom ... go to the spot you want them to land and select the "Force landing point to here" choice. 

WARNING: I'm writing this with out having SL running to check  ... but I remember doing this for my own parcels.

I dont know of a check box that allows others to set home to un-owned land. The only way I know to do it is to use a group. Set the land to a group and grant your friend permission in the group to Set home on group owned land. This might not work in a Linden Home though since you cannot deed the land to a group.

Hi Trina,

Create a group (100L) which needs at least two members to keep it active. It's best to have yourself and an alt as owners so the group will never fall below the required two. Then you can add members as you wish and members can leave without your group disappearing after 48 hours.

You don't have to deed the Linden Home to Group, in fact you can't. All you have to do is set the land to Group. In Group abilities, allow your GF set home there. You can also allow her build rights so she can rez objects there too. The group is also a good security method as you can restrict access to group members only in the Land Access options.

Nyll Bergbahn wrote:

Hi Trina,

It's
best

imperative
to have yourself and an alt as owners so the group will never fall below the required two. 

FIFY.

To the OP:  If you make anyone else an owner with you, they cannot be removed from that role, they can only leave of their own free will.  Do yourself a favor, make yourself and an alt owners, or you will be back in a few months asking what to do because you cannot remove an old girlfriend from the owner role in your group and they are causing untold drama...

ETA:  It is not necessary to have 2 owners, just don't make anyone else an owner or you could wind up regretting it.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3928 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.