Are there any farming communities on Second Life?

HenryCrawford

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi everybody!

I am curious to know if there are any active or good farming communities on Second Life. I ask because one time, I met a guy who knew of a lady who had a 'farm'. I do not know if it was just an elaborate house or an actual farm. The types I am looking for are farms with crops and not just breedable pets like horses or chickens. If anybody knows where I can find a farm or a region which has a farm of this type (Which grows crops, has hay, a barn, and so on) please let me know and give me a landmark. I would be very glad to visit said places. Keep calm and start a farm.

4 answers to this question

I imagine that you have done the same search that I have just tried.  If so, you've discovered that most of the places listed are in fact breedable areas, Gorean roleplay, or (wink-wink, nudge-nudge) farmer's daughter recreational areas.  A few look promising, though. You can almost certainly do better than that by searching for groups, or by asking your question in the Favorite Destinations forum. 

Unfortunately, Second Life doesn't have a real ecosystem.  While we have animals, and some of them are even breedable, we don't have growing plants.  (Well, the Sion Chicken breedables, which started the whole craze, ate corn which you had to "grow", but that's the only one I know of.)

I think it would be great if somebody scripted a real ecosystem with plants and animals.  And weather.  Make it interoperable.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3922 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.