where do we make sugestions to Linden Lab at?

OkaGame

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

i remebere there was a place on the internet where we can go and make sugestions to linden lab and it is not here so cna someoen tell me where to go make sugestions to lindne lab at?

PS: yes my spelling is bad but idc ;D 

You have to file a JIRA.  But good luck with that.  There are suggestions that have been floating around in the JIRA for years with lots of votes and interest but with no indication that a Linden even read them or if they did been touched by a Linden.  Now any JIRA you file is private between  you an the lab  There is no more voting or way for others to express support for your idea, making it even easier for LL to ignore it.

Unfortunately LL does not want to hear people's ideas as they don't really provide an effective platform for it.  I wouldn't waste my time on it if I were you.

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

You have to file a JIRA.  But good luck with that.  There are suggestions that have been floating around in the JIRA for years with lots of votes and interest but with no indication that a Linden even read them or if they did been touched by a Linden.  Now any JIRA you file is private between  you an the lab  There is no more voting or way for others to express support for your idea, making it even easier for LL to ignore it.

Unfortunately LL does not want to hear people's ideas as they don't really provide an effective platform for it.  I wouldn't waste my time on it if I were you.

Occasionally a miracle occurs.  Right now I can only think of one off the top of my head but there have been a couple of others.

Premium Sandboxes were the result of a suggetsion to Rod.

Who knows, maybe in our lifetime we will get to see another one!

Perrie Juran wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Occasionally a miracle occurs.  Right now I can only think of one off the top of my head but there have been a couple of others.

Probably around the next sighting of Haley's comment.

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Probably around the next sighting of Haley's comment.

If I am around for that, that will be a miracle!

Write your suggestion on a piece of paper, roll it up, stick it in a bottle, put a cork in it and throw it in the ocean.  The chance of it finding its way to the California shoreline, an employ of Linden Lab finding it while enjoying a day at the beach, and taking it back to to work to implement it, is probably equivalent to the effect a JIRA entry will have.  The advantage this method has over creating a JIRA entry is that consuming the contents of the bottle will soften the feeling of disappointment in being ignored.  

Seriously it all depends.  And I am not an expert on this.

In days of old the JIRA was designed to take suggestions for change.  Then that was changed.  The JIRA was only for (secretly) reporting BUGS.  Then behind the scenes some special people got access to the secrets. Then quietly it was changed to the JIRA is only for BUGS but also sometimes for suggesting changes.  Project by project.  Also it is rumored that some special friends of the Lindens can make suggestions whenever they want. 

Believe what you want.

Depending on  your suggestion you might find a user group you can attend.  Get your item on the agenda.  Attend the meeting.  Actual Lindens will be there.  At least one anyway.  You can review the user group meeting logs to get an idea how it's gone for others.

OkaGame wrote:

i remebere there was a place on the internet where we can go and make sugestions to linden lab and it is not here so cna someoen tell me where to go make sugestions to lindne lab at?

HERE

suggestion-box.jpg

OkaGame wrote:

*Laughed so hard, my milk came out my nose*

:smileylol:

Kenbro Utu wrote:

Write your suggestion on a piece of paper, roll it up, stick it in a bottle, put a cork in it and throw it in the ocean.  The chance of it finding its way to the California shoreline, an employ of Linden Lab finding it while enjoying a day at the beach, and taking it back to to work to implement it, is probably equivalent to the effect a JIRA entry will have.  The advantage this method has over creating a JIRA entry is that consuming the contents of the bottle will soften the feeling of disappointment in being ignored.  

You owe me a new monitor, Kenbro!!! :matte-motes-wink-tongue:

*Wipes Coke off monitor, chuckling*

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3942 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.