looking for a sedate standing AO

HannahValentine

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi there,

I would love some good recommendations for AO's that are appropriate for standing in close quarters with others at live music events. I've been very happy with my AO's, but they are not good for this type of situation. I look fidgety even if I set my animation loop to the maximum length. Ideally, I would love something where I look natural but fairly still. It would at least be nice if I weren't stepping on other people's toes and constantly playing with my hair....or......what is that movement anyway.......looking for gum on the bottom of my shoe? I don't know. In any case, I've tried just shopping around in world but haven't found quite the thing so far...... Any suggestions for a sedate stand?

Thanks!!

You can't get a more understated AO than this. https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ImpEle-Casual-Girl-AO/1924292?page=3 It is a good ao for unisex too, because the walk is not supersexy.  The stands is a bit old and stiff, but it's a free AO you can try it without loosing money. For standing tight in a crowd this can be really what you need.

I don't like the default stands because the "looking down" stand really annoy me.

HannahValentine wrote:

Hi there,

I would love some good recommendations for AO's that are appropriate for standing in close quarters with others at live music events. I've been very happy with my AO's, but they are not good for this type of situation. I look fidgety even if I set my animation loop to the maximum length. Ideally, I would love something where I look natural but fairly still. It would at least be nice if I weren't stepping on other people's toes and constantly playing with my hair....or......
what is that movement anyway.......looking for gum on the bottom of my shoe
? I don't know. In any case, I've tried just shopping around in world but haven't found quite the thing so far...... Any suggestions for a sedate stand?

Thanks!!

That is what my friends call the dog poo animation. hehe

You should look in to removing the animations from your AO you don't like. Or make ur own, I use the forestorm AO system most of the time but the Daiz Papp\Oracul AOs are copy mod so you should be able to use them if you prefer to add and remove the animations you want. If I remember right the Maths teacher AO from them is cheap and doesn't roam about all over the place.

I have always wondered what it was with this trend of idle animations where the avatar must be constantly swaying and gesticulating.

I just don't get it. Who does that? It's like everyone wants to look like they are living a photoshoot.

Sorry, that was off topic.

Dog poo? Oh NOOOOOOOO! Even worse. I'll never look at my AO the same way again....lol!!

Thank you for the recommendations. I guess I thought trying to modify animations would be complicated and for more advanced users, but I'm definitely going to give it a try. Sounds like the perfect solution!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4004 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.