You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Erycina wrote:

This is more of a rant than anything, but many times my friends have teleported me to adult clubs (strip clubs) where there is sometimes live music etc. and I have been ejected for being a "child" avatar. My avatar has obvious breasts and hips is 5'3 (which is three inches taller than my RL self). They told me the height limit was 5'10!! I understand the fear of child avatars being involved in sexual themes, but this is a little ridiculous. It seems as if you have to be a set height with set proportions to be thought of as an adult in Second Life. 

This foolish drama has been going on for years. Quite a few locations do not get my business nor the business of many others simply because we choose to have avatars that have a realistic height. If anything, at 5'4", my avatar is tall for the ethnic group RL me comes from...

Smarter venues judge these things by how you conduct yourself and well - somewhat how you look as an overall package. These height-police that beat up on short avatars do so because it allows them a 'scripted automated solution'...

I'm happy to spend my lindens in places run by more intelligent staff, and to recommend such places to others who get peeved about being booted from a place or seeing a friend booted from a place for simply having the height of an adult human rather than an adult Na'vi.

- And a word of caution for people with such silly rules. When I see -other people- being booted out unfairly for some silly rule, I also leave, and then tell my friends to avoid the place. You don't just risk losing the person you tossed.

That goes for any rule that makes no sense, not just the one about "short people ain't got no reason."

Studio09 wrote:

Back to the height thing.  I installed Firestorm this morning and while editing my avatar noticed that my height was suddenly listed as over 6 ft. (I think it was 6.22 ft).  The height slider was still set at 54, which made my height 5.73 ft when I created my avi using the SL viewer.  I went back to my SL viewer and my avi was listed as 5.71 or so with the slider still at 54.  Do other people have this same discrepancy between the 2 viewers for the same avi?   I so which one is the correct height?

If the SL viewer height is correct, could the owner of the club that requires avis to be 5'10" be using the Firestorm height scale?

the LL regular viewer looks at your agent height which will be shorter than your actualy height of what you see..

it's been awhile for me explainign this so i'm a little rusty..

but the FS viewer will show the height you are seeing..which if you rezzed a prim and made it your exact height shoudl match the FS viewer..

also a lot of these types of places that just go by height  to let avatars in..they will usually have something  to stand next to so that you can see if you are tall enought..

but like pussycat it's probably a good idea to spend your money else where..

i mean if they are willing to dust you off for not making the height..then really they don't deserve to be on your roser...

nothing worse than a one sided relationship hehehehe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4102 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.