Multiple viewers

garey Solo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Regardless of the viewer (many have their preferences organized differently, and some may not offer this particular setting at all), you can go to your viewer's debug settings, search for the parameter 'AllowMultipleViewers' and set it to 'TRUE'.

garey Solo wrote:

could you tell me where the debug settings are please?

On a Mac, hit Ctrl-Alt-D to bring up the viewer's "Advanced" menu, if you don't already see it. In that menu, you'll find "Show Debug Settings" near the bottom. Select that and a little window pops up, in which you type the name of the setting you wish to change. Start typing "allowmultipleviewers" until the auto-complete brings it up for you, then click "True".

The SL and Firestorm viewers make this setting accessible in the Advance tab of the preference window, which you get from the "Me" or "Avatar" menu.

I found this really old instruction that someone sent me via email about running multiple viewers:

Windows

1. Make a new shortcut to the SL exe file.
  2. Then in that shortcut go to properties.
  3. Then in the properties find the Target box.
    • It will say something like "C:\Program Files\SecondLife\SecondLife.exe"
  4. Just after the last " in that box put this in. -multiple
    • So it reads like this "C:\Program Files\SecondLife\SecondLife.exe" -multiple

That lets you open as many as your computer can handle.

(You can only have one login at a time to an account. So you'll need a second account for the second SL client you have open. Etc. Max is 5 per household.)

_____

But, as someone has already said, some of the viewers might not have this feature running.  Is there an Imprudence group inworld you can ask about this?

garey Solo wrote:

Please could someone tell me how to run 2 viewers at the same time. I forgot how too. I know you add something like muliple es to the viewer properties but i can't remember exactly. I'm on imprudence viewer

Thans in advance

I hate to be a nag but I suggest you switch from imprudence anyway as it's not SSB capable (and can't see mesh but that's aside fromt he point). July 9th is the current set date for the switch to SSB(now SSA) and you won't be able to see anyone load properly after this point with imprudence. If you like V1 interface Coolvl or Singularity might be a good choice for you. Also It ink they allow multiple viewers.

garey Solo wrote:

Please could someone tell me how to run 2 viewers at the same time. I forgot how too. I know you add something like muliple es to the viewer properties but i can't remember exactly. I'm on imprudence viewer

Thans in advance

My suggestion is to run one SL viewer and one Firestorm viewer. When I need to, I just toggle between the two. If I need another, I run it on a different computer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3952 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.