Group joining fee, refund?

Gerigo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What is the charter about refund group join fee?

Is there something official statement about how to treat the group join fee and refunds.

owner of group must pay back group joining fee if removing a member? 

and ability of refund based on the reason of kick or not?

Im searching for the official opinion but i couldnt find any atm.

Can somebody help me?

Gerigo wrote:

What is the charter about refund group join fee?

Is there something official statement about how to treat the group join fee and refunds.

owner of group must pay back group joining fee if removing a member? 

and ability of refund based on the reason of kick or not?

Im searching for the official opinion but i couldnt find any atm.

Can somebody help me?

I looked as well and didn't see anything. My guess would be that since LL doesn't get involved in resident to resident disputes, groups would be the same way. I don't think the group owner has to refund anything to the removed member and a group owner can remove anyone for whatever reason they want...sort of like the owner of a sim.

Sorry...(if you're the one that got kicked out) but I think you're out of luck.

Gerigo wrote:

and where can i find it in the official rules?

SL doesn't have rules for everything and the help material is usually poorly-provided, however the economy operates on a 'Buyer Beware' policy:-

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Transactions-and-disputes-between-Residents/ta-p/799395

I can't think of any situation where a user would be told a refund would be something they 'had' to offer. The nature of groups is often that the income from the group joining fee is split, making it impossible to give refunds.

Gerigo wrote:

not me:)) i have a huge group and one resident is blackmailing me if i dont give refund. actually this member was banned for copy/pasting private message into local chat.

I'm sorry to hear that..what's he blackmailing you with? Is he going to report you to LL? If that's the case, tell him to buzz off...LL won't even touch this issue. :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

Wow, this, copy/pasting chats is against LL's rules. The guy should be happy for not being reported.

[Edited to add]
"Disclosure

Residents are entitled to a reasonable level of privacy with regard to their Second Life experience. Sharing personal information about your fellow Residents without their consent -- including gender, religion, age, marital status, race, sexual preference, alternate account names, and real-world location beyond what is provided by them in their Resident profile -- is not allowed. Remotely monitoring conversations in Second Life, posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited."

in https://secondlife.com/corporate/cs.php

(bold mine)

he write this when i told him its againts community rules. but i also cant find any official notice about this:

"

ToS Warning - According to Linden Labs, disclosure of logs without prior consent is a violation of the ToS. I am clearly stating to you, that by IM'ing me, having read or not having read these statements, you consent to being logged and that those logs can be used at my discretion without any further notice beyond these statements. All public chat is logged and considered public property because it's business conducted in plain view and therefore not regulated by Second Life privacy constraints unless you tell me you do not wish to have your statements disclosed.
Note: I do reserve the right to copy and paste IM chat.  

"

Gerigo wrote:

Yes, blackmailing with report and with that i will be banned from sl and with that can buy my land "its just about money"...etc

Reporting you for not refunding him?

Ignore him. 

If he continues to harrass you you can AR him for harrasmnet.  And his posting of private messages was a Violation of the TOS. 

Best thing is just to ignore.

You are not going to find a specific statement about group fees.

Gerigo wrote:

he write this when i told him its againts community rules. but i also cant find any official notice about this:

"

ToS Warning - According to Linden Labs, disclosure of logs without prior consent is a violation of the ToS. I am clearly stating to you, that by IM'ing me, having read or not having read these statements, you consent to being logged and that those logs can be used at my discretion without any further notice beyond these statements. All public chat is logged and considered public property because it's business conducted in plain view and therefore not regulated by Second Life privacy constraints unless you tell me you do not wish to have your statements disclosed.

"

That B.S. isn't worth the pixels it's written in.

Anyone who thinks it is needs to get back on their medication.

Gerigo wrote:

"

"

"By using Second Life, you agree to and accept these Terms of Service. If you do not so agree, you should decline this Agreement, in which case you are prohibited from accessing or using Second Life."

https://secondlife.com/corporate/tos.php

Anything he may say contrary to the TOS is worthless!

He agreed, he accepted.

Gerigo wrote:

"

"

I'd ask him to give you the link to where it says he can disclaim parts of the TOS like that.  He can't.  Just block him, ban him from any land you own and move on.

Gerigo wrote:

not me:)) i have a huge group and one resident is blackmailing me if i dont give refund. actually this member was banned for copy/pasting private message into local chat.

Sounds like you are being trolled. Ignore it. Officially (check the mute button on them.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3993 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.