didn't expect to be Naked

Aire Xaris

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

In the middle of creating system eyes, packaged the final product,  opened box, hit copy and wear just to check everything was ok ~ aaaaaaand Everything I was wearing went poof~ From hud to Hair.

Don't get me wrong, I spent a lot of money on my skin and shape, I look fantastic nekid!  (well my avi does), But I ah, kinda want to be the one who decides when and where I do this, not LL ;)

*Please Note my birthdate before you ask me if I'm in Restrainedlove without knowing it, I'm not. ;)

Was in latest viewer, by myself when this happened. the only noob thing I'm guilty of is not making a folder of my latest avi and various attachments.

Anybody else have this happen to them?

Thanks in advance, and ty LL for the next paiful 10-15 it's going to take me sifting through my inventory trying to find "ME" again ;)

I jumped out of that viewer, and into V4 Firestorm and was same there as well. I've put myself back together, sans about two or three tatts, and I'm almost back to where I was, and I just noticed my shape is a bit jacked up as well, not sure what I did to piss off LL, but that was a nice little slap, having to spend the past 20 minutes fixing my avi as opposed to uploading and updating.

I have many MANY teleport crotch pictures!  ~ Framed a couple as matter of fact ;) Still, I don't remember ever losing all my attchments and clothing. As far as my avi being jacked up, having both your legs over your head is an easy fix in appearance after one of those tp's, but commin out the other side of this nonsense has rendered this custom shape with smaller hands and feet. It's as if I am wearing two shapes, or half of one and half the other.

Aire Xaris wrote:

In the middle of creating system eyes, packaged the final product,  opened box, hit copy and wear just to check everything was ok ~ aaaaaaand Everything I was wearing went poof~ From hud to Hair.

If you select 'Copy and Wear', it will replace what you're wearing with whatever was in the box. 

Sometimes the entire menu doesn't show up right away, and you think u are clicking "wear" or "add"  but u are actually clicking "replace", so your curent outfit gets replaced with whatever is in the folder. Its happened to me several times in the past untill i slowed down and made sure the entire menu loaded.

:)

BilliJo Aldrin wrote:

Sometimes the entire menu doesn't show up right away, and you think u are clicking "wear" or "add"  but u are actually clicking "replace", so your curent outfit gets replaced with whatever is in the folder. Its happened to me several times in the past untill i slowed down and made sure the entire menu loaded.

:)

You only get two choices when you open a box:  "Copy to Inventory" or "Copy and Wear." 

It might have been better if it had said "Copy & Replace" but after you do it once hopefully you learn.

inventory.jpg

No, actually you wern't wrong, entirely. I think what I did was that I still had the box highlighted and I was not in my inventory when I hit wear ;) So you are kinda right, I should've slowed down. amazing how I could be here this long and never have had this happen to me. :/

• 3 weeks later...

This is sort of a late reply, sorry folks, I see the thread died two weeks ago or so... but.. I wanted to make note of the appearance manager. :)

I save all my outfits in my appearance manager in the event something like that happens, open appearance manager find your outfit and click Wear and viola, your avatar is restored. :)

No searching and fumbling through your inventory for all your stuff then. :)

Couple that with good inventory organization (a pain, I know..), and you'll never lose stuff again.. well, unless a hiccup happens on the grid lol.

Hope that helps with any future avatar issues. :)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3948 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.