Things To Do In Snowland?

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sansara.jpg

With the Summer heat here in RL I thought it might be nice to escape it in SL and I remembrrrrrrrred there was a section of the World called Snowland.  It's a section of the World I have never ventured through and I can't think I have ever heard any one really talk about it.

So my question is are there things to do in Snowland?  Are there places to sled or ski or perhaps put on some snow shoes and brave hiking through the icy tundra.

I bet it looked really nice when it was originally laid out by the LL.  Near me it's tended to look crappy as people tried to do stuff like landscape a  topical paradise in snowland.  But now as they abandon their land it just stays empty again.  So it's looking better.   There's 54+k abandoned in a sim just North of me.   I've explored some but haven't found anything super special.   Some RR lines.  Some roads.  In the winter people go crazy with the particle snow.  So it's better to visit now in the off season.

I much prefer warmer climates so when in the snow regions I'm typically just passing through, however there are a few places that caught my attention.

1. On the west coast is a six region grouping that appears to be winter Olympics themed, at Cross Check there is an ice hockey arena with a sort of virtual hockey league with about a dozen teams.  Just happened across there while a game was in progress, and though I'm not much into any winter sports I could tell they were having a blast and a lot of effort had gone into developing it.

2. At Loveland there's a pretty impressive castle I think is worth checking out.

3. There is a railroad starting at Smithers Bluff going all the way to an info hud at Wengen, have had fun riding this.

4. Most, if not all, of Orelle is an oriental themed build that I think is worth checking out.

Happy exploring.

I lived in Snowland for a few months, though didn't venture out much. I recall being attacked by zombies while hitching a ride on the SLRR. The cold weather doesn't seem to slow them down, or make them more interesting.

My favorite winter scene is now Forgotten City's Winter Park. It had been AM Radio's "The Quiet". Unfortunately that sublimed.

ETA: Forgotten City is not mainland, which is what you were asking about. So discount my suggestion appropriately!

• 8 months later...

I visit snow land every winter when the bug for snowboarding hits me. Appearantly it's th eonly place with sizeable space for actually having any level of fun. 

What woould be of the charts great is if LL could develop a nice big area there for some real winter sports. I could imagine what an SSX course would be like with some jumps and such. could even end up being THE best spot in sl for it.

Any one know where a feature request could be made fo rthis? (even if they don't do it, can't hurt to ask)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3722 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.