any nice ppl out there?

bluelacroix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I never hung out with a child avi. I like cartoons and all that. Hate twightlight as well although it isnt for children. I would deffinitely get along with you however it would be (to me) weird hanging out with a child avi not sl related to me. Not that I wouldnt just gives me creepy vibes that Im sure some get as well. But Im always up for meeting new people.

Hmmmm, i hadn't thought at all about how other ppl would feel, as an adult avi hanging out with a kid avi.  When you write it out it does sound strange, and totally creepy if it was a guy adult avi.  that's a really wierd thing now that you mention it.  makes sense. :matte-motes-impatient:

bluelacroix wrote:

Hmmmm, i hadn't thought at all about how other ppl would feel, as an adult avi hanging out with a kid avi.  When you write it out it does sound strange, and
totally
creepy if it was a guy adult avi.  that's a really wierd thing now that you mention it.  makes sense. :matte-motes-impatient:

Why exactly is it creepy if a man hangs out with a child avie versus a women? Both have the potential to be pedos or not.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Why exactly is it creepy if a man hangs out with a child avie versus a women? Both have the potential to be pedos or not.

Prejudice. Men are viewed as inherently more creepy. See this blog post by Lindal Kidd:

If you are a man in SL, you are almost automatically assumed (by women) to be on the make, interested in only one thing, and probably not very skilled at going about getting it.

Randall Ahren wrote:

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Prejudice. Men are viewed as inherently more creepy. See this
by Lindal Kidd:

If you are a man in SL, you are almost automatically assumed (by women) to be on the make, interested in only one thing, and probably not very skilled at going about getting it.

yeah that sounds about right. I was just point out the inherant strangeness of the comment.

bluelacroix wrote:

Hmmmm, i hadn't thought at all about how other ppl would feel, as an adult avi hanging out with a kid avi.  When you write it out it does sound strange, and
totally
creepy if it was a guy adult avi.  that's a really wierd thing now that you mention it.  makes sense. :matte-motes-impatient:

Hi, it doesn't matter how other people feel about the avatar you have chosen, it's your choice, it's up to you, so choose what you like :matte-motes-smile: I'm an adult guy who has chosen to be the same in SL, but my friends have all chosen different avatars, my best friend chose a little girl, another of my friends is a huge giant, and i'm no bigger than his foot :smileyvery-happy: hehe, another of my friends chose a smoking rat, and another a huge spider, and one is mickey mouse, they are all my friends no matter how they look :smileyhappy: :smileywink: 

RalphRamsey wrote:

bluelacroix wrote:

totally

Hi, it doesn't matter how other people feel about the avatar you have chosen, it's your choice, it's up to you, so choose what you like :matte-motes-smile: I'm an adult guy who has chosen to be the same in SL, but my friends have all chosen different avatars, my best friend chose a little girl, another of my friends is a huge giant, and i'm no bigger than his foot :smileyvery-happy: hehe, another of my friends chose a smoking rat, and another a huge spider, and one is mickey mouse, they are all my friends no matter how they look :smileyhappy: :smileywink: 

No one is actually telling him what to be. I agree to be anything you to be. Just some people are comfortable with different things.

Yes, i like hearing all the different perspectives from you all - thnx!

and yes, i certainly wont change my avi (still not sure what the 'i' on that means, but oh well) because i get flak, not that any of you are giving me flak. :matte-motes-silly:

as to why adult male + child seems creepier than adult female + child, yeah, its just that where i come from you hear alot more about men being the worst kind of predators then women.  i know its possible with either, but when i picture it only the man seems creepy.

i'm glad we don't all assume the worst in everyone.  and hopefully things are getting better.  so shoot  me down for being an optimist.  :catwink:

do you all have so much lag in SL?  its so hard for me to do much w/out getting like majorly frustrated.  like i try to walk and my av (avi?) just keeps walking in place after getting to where i clicked.  and the cameras a friggin nightmare - dont get me started.:smileymad:  i have good internet.  what is up?

Hi Madeline Blackbart!

no no, i dont think your challenging me at all, sorry to come across that way.  not sure why you think that.

my computer was cheap, and its a few years old now.  i dont know its specs. i'll check.  leessee here - in System it says G630 2.7 ghz 6gb ram windows 7.  is that decent?

i'm in milky kimono most of the time these days.  i was in a Wonderland place that was super laggy.  but cool, just way too lagalicious.

I have to agree, Firestorm would be my pick for a viewer. Well, course that's the one I use generally. It's optimized pretty well and like Sephina mentioned it's far better than the standard viewer provided by Linden Labs.

If you ever start looking for new viewers, I could also suggest Singularity has a decent one. I've never gotten lag or performance issues when I did use it back in the day.

Hi Hiroshi Yazimoto and Sephina Frostbite!!!

o...  m...  g...

i must have a high threshold for pain - this new viewer is freakin unbelievable!

i dl firestorm 4.4.0 and now everything is absolutely beautiastic. :matte-motes-inlove:

all i can say is thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

bluelacroix wrote:

Hi Hiroshi Yazimoto and Sephina Frostbite!!!

o...  m...  g...

i must have a high threshold for pain - 
this new viewer is freakin unbelievable!

i dl firestorm 4.4.0 and now everything is absolutely beautiastic. 
:matte-motes-inlove:

all i can say is thankyouthankyouthankyou!!!

I KNOW RIGHT! I was blown away by it too. Awesome you have the same experience I did.

Phew this is a regular Lizard lounge this forum.  

All the usual serial k̶i̶l̶l̶e̶r̶s̶  lotharios bursting with sincerity.  By the way ladies, most of these guys have gone through more women than you've used shampoo bottles though you probably would have got more of a tingle and a better head massage from the shampoo.  Just sayin'

:smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.