any nice ppl out there?

bluelacroix

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

hi everyone!!! i'm brand new to SL, and no one (except one nice lady) seems friendly or interested in talking to me.  this one dude booted me for doing nothing, and no reply when i asked why?  Anyone want to show me around town?  i'm nerdy, into books and goth and kawaii japanese fashion and cutesy stuff, not into violence or mean ppl, please.

So send me a message and/or come meet me!!!

Wandering aimlessly.....

i like adventurey books, like Hunger Games and Harry Potter (who doesn't, lol).  i thought too much talk about how many pieces of rabbit and berries in HG though... just get to the games already!!!  i'm didnt like Twilight - i should have, but i didn't.  and those movies suck.  actually i guess i'm more into writing than reading other ppls stuff though.  and no, i'm not an author (yet), so you haven't read my stuff.

sigh.

For those keeping score, that's two for the trolls, one for the coolsters.  :matte-motes-yawn:

oh, but you left out the part about Twilight making more than you will ever make in your fear of foreign things RL.  :matte-motes-agape:

bluelacroix wrote:

i like adventurey books, like Hunger Games and Harry Potter (who doesn't, lol).  i thought too much talk about how many pieces of rabbit and berries in HG though... just get to the games already!!!  i'm didnt like Twilight - i should have, but i didn't.  and those movies suck.  actually i guess i'm more into writing than reading other ppls stuff though.  and no, i'm not an author (yet), so you haven't read my stuff.

The young adult genre then. How about Rewind by Neil Shusterman or The Fault in Our Stars by John Green? Both will be movies soon.

An interesting thing about Twilight is that the author, Stephenie Meyer had no experience as a writer and had never written a short story betore. She had earlier considered going to law school because she felt she had no chance of being a successful writer.

Welcome to SL. I'll be at Fogbound Blues in about an hour and probably Crossroads after that.

tres kewl, thank you Randall!!!  i'll def check those out.  oh and I forgot to mention Where the Wild Things Are and Alice in Wonderland, duh!!!  i like WTWTA mostly cuz of the pictures.  i love that melting feeling that the phantasmajyc is right around us all the time, you just have to be looking for it.  i really believe that. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

anyways, thanks again 4 the tips.  i'll look you up this weekend - 2nite i'm off to a friends (that's in RL- hahaha).

bluelacroix wrote:

tres kewl, thank you Randall!!!  i'll def check those out.  oh and I forgot to mention Where the Wild Things Are and Alice in Wonderland, duh!!!  i like WTWTA mostly cuz of the pictures.  i love that melting feeling that the phantasmajyc is right around us all the time, you just have to be
looking
for it.  i really believe that. :matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:

anyways, thanks again 4 the tips.  i'll look you up this weekend - 2nite i'm off to a friends (that's in RL- hahaha).

blink blink.... My 9 year old occasionally reads Where the wild things are... currently she is reading the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. She is more into the big girl books now..

Just an FYI. when posting here one usually lets people know that one RPs as a child av. That would let out any confusion.

At ten years old you should not have been reading Twilight or have seen the movies. Whats next, are you going to say you have read Shadowlands and were intrigued?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

bluelacroix wrote:

tres kewl, thank you Randall!!!  i'll def check those out.  oh and I forgot to mention Where the Wild Things Are and Alice in Wonderland, duh!!!  i like WTWTA mostly cuz of the pictures.  i love that melting feeling that the phantasmajyc is right around us all the time, you just have to be
looking

blink blink.... My 9 year old occasionally reads Where the wild things are... currently she is reading the Xanth series by Piers Anthony. She is more into the big girl books now..

Just and FYI. when posting here one usually lets people know that one RPs as a child av. That would let out any confusion.

At ten years old you should not have been reading Twilight or have seen the movies. Whats next, are you going to say you have read Shadowlands and were intrigued?

not everyone who reads childrens books is a child avie. I read alice in wonderland an d I am by no means a child.

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

bluelacroix wrote:

looking

Just and FYI. when posting here one usually lets people know that one RPs as a child av. That would let out any confusion.

not everyone who reads childrens books is a child avie. I read alice in wonderland an d I am by no means a child.

i referenced Where the wild things are.. i love alice in wonderland. But they do indeed RP as a ten year old. perhaps that is why they were booted from a sim.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Madeline Blackbart wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

bluelacroix wrote:

looking

i referenced Where the wild things are.. i love alice in wonderland. But they do indeed RP as a ten year old. perhaps that is why they were booted from a sim.

ah I see. I don't usually read people profiles. yeah it would make sense then.reading where the wildthings are isn't nessicarily a ten year old thing though. maybe you just like the art? could happen.

bluelacroix wrote:

hi everyone!!! i'm brand new to SL, and no one (except one nice lady) seems friendly or interested in talking to me.  this one dude booted me for doing nothing, and no reply when i asked why?  Anyone want to show me around town?  i'm nerdy, into books and goth and kawaii japanese fashion and cutesy stuff, not into violence or mean ppl, please.

Wandering aimlessly.....

Good to meet you and welcome to SL!  I am a big Si-Fi fan.  So I bought a sim and made it onto a Spaceport!  Would love to meet you.  Friend me if you wish.

Peace!

bluelacroix wrote:

Wandering aimlessly.....

Id like to think I am nice. I am into Anime as well as books. 

i understand what you are saying.. My point was they left out the part where they are a 10 year old child in SL.. that would seriously change the dynamic of any friendship. It would restrict where they can go and what they can do.  I just thought it was a bit of important info that was left out.

But, I am probably wrong and there are a ton of people that will attack me and correct me. (not implying you Maddy, i like you.)

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

i understand what you are saying.. My point was they left out the part where they are a 10 year old child in SL.. that would seriously change the dynamic of any friendship. It would restrict where they can go and what they can do.  I just thought it was a bit of important info that was left out.

But, I am probably wrong and there are a ton of people that will attack me and correct me. (not implying you Maddy, i like you.)

Nah I see what your saying. It does chang things a lot. Because you can only go to G areas. I'd be intersted in still being friends witha  child avie but I'd have to change the way I dressed and places I went when around them. So yeah it is important info they left out. But then again do they plan on changing being a child avie? 'cause if so then the info of what they were isn't relevant anymore. I'd like to hear from OP on this matter tbh.

EDIT: well I figured you didn't mean me. I try to control my anger though and not attack people over the web wher eI can though. lolz

i added that my av is 10 on my profile after i started this thread.  meaning i was booted before that.

first, thanks to all the nice ppl who replied - i';ll try to figure out how to message you in-game.

so yeah, i know i'm not supposed to go to adult places, but surely theres more to SL than sex (gross) and shopping (okay, now that's cool if it's clothes, but everywhere!  oh, yeah, just like RL).

surely.

bluelacroix wrote:

i added that my av is 10 on my profile after i started this thread.  meaning i was booted before that.

Were you a child avatar? 

first, thanks to all the nice ppl who replied - i';ll try to figure out how to message you in-game.

so yeah, i know i'm not supposed to go to adult places, but surely theres more to SL than sex (gross) and shopping (okay, now that's cool if it's clothes, but everywhere!  oh, yeah, just like RL).

There is and don't call me Shirley. Funny how you automatically equate adult rated sims with sex. Child avs are allowed on any sim they are allowed on. It all depends on the sim owner.

surely.

I said don't call me Shirley.

hi Sephina Frostbite!

Do you always play as a child avi?

Yes so far - this is my first look at anything like this, 5 days in.  from reading here it seems that actual RolePlaying is done in sims, that out in 'regular' SL you are just yourself, just with whatever avi you want to look like.  i didn't join to RP.  i've never RP'd before; i'm not sure what that actually means.  like murder-mystery stuff?  dungeons and dragons?

not sure if were supposed to talk about RL, (god knows aren't we here to get away from all that???), but anyhow my RL sig. others say i have the mentality of a 10 year old, so i guess it would be easy enough to RP that.  but i plan to pretty much just be myself, exploring a cool new world.

i think we can do this however each of us wants.  i may not have many friends because of my avi's age, and i now am starting to get that, and that's cool.  if land-owners don't want kids around thats their right - i hate screaming kids in resturants too.  funny though i've not actually seen a kid here at all.  i did see a weasal(?) - not sure if it was a person or not.  i've been reading the other threads here of ppl saying the same thing i'm seeing, that it's cliquey and there are the elitist holier-than-thou snobs, and nothing seems to actually be going on, and people are off in la-la land. so basically its just like anywhere on the internet or RL. lolz  But there are lots of cool nice ppl here too.  :matte-motes-little-laugh:

i did think the age thing wouldn't be an issue in the slightest; that ppl who are here are open minded to however you perceive yourself, be it big small furry whatever, as long as yer respectful to others, and i know i am.:matte-motes-nerdy:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3968 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.