Virtual currency exchanges...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Without going into all the details, which you can about here, the US Treasury Dept. Issued new regulations connected to the Bank Secrecy Act regarding virtual currency in order to curb fraud and money laundering.  LL is a US company and must adhere to the regulations.  Due to the regulations, LL was forced to shut down the TPE"s or face huge financial and criminal liability. 

Now LL has what they call a resellers program allowing some of them who meet the requirements to sell Lindens.  Here is a list of those approved so far.  Other former TPE's are applying for the program or preparing to apply. 

The lindex is the only place you can now sell L's for RL cash.  LL is working on the lindex to improve the service and give more options.

Here you can find a 'howto' to set PayPal as Billinginformation in Secondlifewithout to give Credit Card information (Charge minimum a amount of 25US$ on PayPal before u try to set as billinginformation)

Then u can easy buy L$ for better conditions by Linden Lab - LindenLab charge a fee of 0.30 US$ for each transaction.

For example 5/28/13:

Virwox: 1000l$ PayPal 5,12$

Anshex.com: 1000l$ PayPal 4.79$

LL: 1000l$ Paypal 4.05$ + transactionfee 0.30 US$= 4.35US$ (better conditions now already with this amount ..)

----

Virwox: 2500l$ 11.99$

LL: 2500l$ 10.43 incl. fee)

Just to clear something; be honest about what you post.

Exchange rate on Virwox is usually better than on Lindex. Using the exchange rate of may 28th (252L$/US$) as in your example, you would pay:

1000L$ = 3.97 US$ + 3.9% fee = 4.12 US$  (you can get discount on your fee if you trade more often).

2500L$ = 9.92 US$ + 3.9% fee = 10.30 US$ incl. fee

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

You are even cheaper when you buy from Lindex with limited buy option. The disadvantage is though that you won't get your money immediately. But when you put your buy offer some days before you really need the L$, buying at Lindex is still cheaper.

LimBuy.png

Right now at $257L you would wait a very long time to get the order filled.  And even though it only shows outstanding orders for $877L @ 262 it may still take a while.  Why someone would sell at $262L when there are that many people wanting to buy at $257L would be kind of silly.

Right now a buy order at $255L would probably get filled in under 30 minutes.

Open Buy Orders at the Best 20 Rates
Exchange Rate Total Remaining Quantity
L$257 / US$1.00 L$100,716,598
L$258 / US$1.00 L$103,027
L$259 / US$1.00 L$145,782
L$260 / US$1.00 L$119,132
L$261 / US$1.00 L$33,000
L$262 / US$1.00 L$877

Abigail Merlin wrote:

guess it depends on your definition for long time, I just bought 255648 L$ at 257L$/USD, took me 6 days so not all that long.

258 or more will likely never get filled because of the nature of the Lindex

I probably should have phrased that better.  Last time I bought at $257 it took seven days.

A few weeks ago I had a buy order in at $260 that after two weeks was still not filled.  I had to cancel and go with a lower price.

I should just park an order at $260 and see how long it takes.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4021 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.