Viewer 3.5.2 No Workee :-(

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I installed the update to the SL viewer... I went to log in and was unable to 'DNS error' or some such thing.... can't remember the exact words. Uninstalled it and went back to the 3.5.1 viewer. everything's good now until the next forced update. Anyone else having login issues with SL Viewer 3.5.2?

Thank you for your suggestion, Fenimore Hapmouche, but my router [Fritz! Box 7270] does not seem to have an option to change the DNS server. I'm glad to hear everything's working out swimmingly for you, TDD123. However viewer 3.5.2 still does not work for me from any computer in my home.

I get DNS issues every so often. It is your router. What I do is just unplug everything (router and modem..sometimes restart my computer), wait 30 seconds then plug the modem in first then the router...that fixes the problem temporarilly.

Good luck

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

Thanks, Tex. Your suggestion worked. I think that might have been the first time this year that I rebooted my router!

You're welcome. But please remember it is only a temporary fix. This happens to me monthly, I think. The real solution is to buy a new router. That, in theory, should fix the problem. Another way to fix it is if you can plug directly into the modem and avoid the router completely. That worked for me, but was impractical since I have other devises around my house that use the router.

Have fun.

Page 148 of the router's manual explains how to set a DNS server. I thought for that expensive a router it must have that option.

Also, you can set the DNS to use in your computer. By default the router gives the computer a DNS name & address to use. But, you can add more servers or change which server is used first ineach individual computer.

See Troubleshoot Your #SL Connection for more infromation and a gotcha or two from changing DNS away from your IPS's suggested DNS server.

Alazarin Mondrian wrote:

I'm glad to hear everything's working out swimmingly for you, TDD123. However viewer 3.5.2 still does not work for me from any computer in my home.

Fair enough, but I intended only to confirm it's probably not a (new) viewer issue. I'd be the first to affirm we experience an undetected bug or acknowledge if we'd experience similar issues we might resolve together.

I'm happy for you all worked out fine meanwhile.

Until Tuesday (5-28-13) I've always been able to activate new SL Viewer updates. As of that date, I can no longer do that. It loads almost all the way then gives the following error report     SecondLIfewViewer\App_Settings\Static_index.db2     

I can't do this from within SL or at the main website of SL.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3987 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.