LOTS missing from my inventory! but its in secondlife viewer???

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

My inventory was fine last night when I logged off. Today however there is over 25,000 things missing from my inventory. I am involved with a wedding business and its ALL GONE. As well as lots of other items. Yes, I have cleared my cache, yes I have been to pooley, nothing changed. I use firestorm, so I thought let me try the Secondlife viewer before I complained. ALL of my just shy of 70,000 items are now in my inventory under secondlife Viewer. Why are they not showing up in firestorm and I am just thrilled to have them back, even though I am not going to like using secondlife viewer. Is there a issue with firestorm?

Thanks!

Synne

What you seem to have is an inventory cache issue, and there is a workaround that involves copying across the inventory cache from the LL viewer into Firestorm.  I do not know the detail, but if you ask inworld in the Firestorm support group chat, I am sure someone will give you the link.

This is a "known issue" and there IS a workaround, so don't despair!

A clean reinstall and then signing in to a quiet sim such as Hatton should work. If you recall i have had to reinstall FS a few times but for other reasons. Having a large inventory has never affected me in almost 1 1/2 years. My

inventory loads in approximately 45 seconds whether I am signing in or did a clean install, a lot has to do with your connection and if you use a router or directly wired to the modem. Congrats on your wedding biz you may want to get inventory boxes to store your no copy objects on your land and in your folder. The FS support group has some very knowledgeable people. Good luck :)

I've had that problem before. It's a failed download of the items, they're still there so DON'T delete the "empty" folders. Normally a cache clear and a relog will fix this. If not then waiting a day does as well and if that still doesn't work a uninstall and reinstall of your viewer will fix the problem. Hopefully you'll get your items back soon.

This has happened to me a couple of times.As a Dancer it can be awkward wearing only one outfit. Best thing to do is wait it out. Keep clearing cach once a day. It usualy comes back in about 4 days. I know what your going through and know its a pain in the bootie. But be patiant.

Phil Deakins wrote:

Having asked the forum a question the OP hasn't been back to reply to any posts, or to update the forum on the situation, so why bother posting anything that might be helpful in this thread any more.

Sometimes I feel like contacting these people In World and asking them if they didn't think it would be nice to "Update Us" here.

Many people don't come back to say what the outcome is and it's rude as rude can be, yet these will be the same people complaining if no one answered their question. How ironic. Zipping my mouth on this particular one though.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4036 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.