Using IDeal As Payment Method For Dutch People.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you still want to participate in the SL economy there are only a few options left:

- Use the Lindex (with your credit card or your verified paypal account).

When it is your aim to stay anonymous at any cost, the future black market is your only option.

Actually, you need both a verified paypal account AND a linked creditcard in order to use paypal for Lindex. I saw your earlier comment that you only need a verified account and hit "use my account to" but this will still prompt you to log in to paypal and add a creditcard. There are no other options. It seems that LL will only accept your paypal account if you're signed up with a creditcard, at least for me as a Dutch resident. Question remains if they'll accept prepaid creditcards for this, I have yet to try that however for now, creditcard is the only option even with the use of a verified paypal account that's linked to your bank. 

I'm not against the ToS, I'm perfectly fine with it and I would have always prefered to make use of Lindex anyways if it wasn't for that pesky creditcard issue. I don't have one and I can't get one due to negative credit rating I build up as a teen. With the current status of things, I have no means at all to purchase lindens (yes besides the transfer via friend). So as much as I agree with the ToS, it would be much appreciated if LL could expand their payment methods and give us better options in this regard. 

Ashlene, I'm a Dutch resident as well.

I managed two times to add a paypal account without credit card to my SL billing info. First time was in 2007, then I did add a personal PP account. There was no money on this account when I started using it. But I used it to cash out usd, not to pay my bills at LL.

In the beginning of 2012 I took a business account at Paypal as well. I did put a few hunderd euros on this account before I attached it to my billing info at SL. This account was also accepted without any need to attach a credit card.

So the question is now: why do they accept me (twice) with Paypal without credit card, but not you? Maybe there must be some sort of minimum credit on your Paypal account. In other posts in this forum people were talking about a minimum credit of 25 usd. But I'm not sure if this is going to solve your problem. Maybe contact support->billing issues first to make sure what you exactly must do before your PP is accepted without creditcard.

oberon Zuta wrote:

i tried just
and i have now received my lindens :smileyvery-happy: - you can send by SEPA without any fee's. It need 1-2 days..

However it is on your own risk...

So it can happen that LL closes the account of the podex trader, while you are waiting for your money. Podex is preparing to become an MSB, but is not one yet.

Foxer Kosten wrote:

paypal paypal you think everybody has a visa card here we dont have it.

it sucks where we have to buy or Lindens ont on SL or marketplace because we have not 1 of the cards

where you have to pay with
:(

Okay. Once more... Read carefully my lips...

You don't need a credit card for Pay Pal.... No Visa, no Mastercard, no Dinners... nothing, nada, nope credit card!!!!!

You can connect a Pay Pal account directly to a normal bank account without having a credit card at all. I buy my L$ that way. I pay for my premium account and land that way without having a credit card connected to that Pay Pal account!

Morwen Bunin wrote:

Foxer Kosten wrote:

paypal paypal you think everybody has a visa card here we dont have it.

it sucks where we have to buy or Lindens ont on SL or marketplace because we have not 1 of the cards

where you have to pay with
:(

Okay. Once more... Read carefully my lips...

You don't need a credit card for Pay Pal.... No Visa, no Mastercard, no Dinners... nothing, nada, nope credit card!!!!!

You can connect a Pay Pal account directly to a normal bank account without having a credit card at all. I buy my L$ that way. I pay for my premium account and land that way without having a credit card connected to that Pay Pal account!

Then somehow your account has slipped through the cracks.

For the benefit (for lack of a better word) PayPal allows Merchants to choose to only do business with people who have a Credit Card as a secondary payment method listed with PayPal.  Something some where went wrong and PayPal told LL you had a CC linked.

Madeliefste Oh wrote:

I found an
where is explained how to set up a paypal account
without
credit card.

That is a pretty old page, October 2006.

What is interesting is the very very fine print at the bottom of that page:

"Caution: It's very important to understand that if you have not supplied credit card information to Linden Lab, you should never exchange your L$ to USD through the Second Life website. That's because those USD are useless without credit card information, since all USD transactions at secondlife.com (such as account upgrades or exchange for L$) require it. Since you didn't supply that information to Linden Lab, no USD transactions will work properly."

Perrie Juran wrote:

For the benefit (for lack of a better word) PayPal allows Merchants to choose to only do business with people who have a Credit Card as a secondary payment method listed with PayPal.  Something some where went wrong and PayPal told LL you had a CC linked.

No,  I  hope you can read Dutch, because this page is directly from Pay Pal....

https://www.paypal-nederland.nl/particulier/start/rekening-koppelen.html

and describes how to use a bankaccount. Which basically comes down to:

a. Create a Paypal acccount

b. Connect a bank account.

No credit card involved,

Also see this sentence on the page:

"Het gemak voor u als gebruiker is dat u direct online aankopen kunt doen zonder credit card of eerst saldo op uw PayPal-rekening over te maken."

Translated: The ease for the user that you can DIRECTLY  buy things online WITHOUT CREDIT CARD or transferring money to your Pay pal-acount.

Morwen Bunin wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

No,  I  hope you can read Dutch, because this page is directly from Pay Pal....

and describes how to use a bankaccount. Which basically comes down to:

a. Create a Paypal acccount

b. Connect a bank account.

No credit card involved,

Also see this sentence on the page:

"
Het gemak voor u als gebruiker is dat u direct online aankopen kunt doen zonder credit card of eerst saldo op uw PayPal-rekening over te maken.
"

Translated: 
The ease for the user that you can DIRECTLY  buy things online WITHOUT CREDIT CARD or transferring money to your Pay pal-acount.

Absolutely.  I don't need a Credit Card here in the U.S. either to have a PayPal account.

However as a Merchant I can choose to only do business with people who have CC registered with PayPal. 

XStreet did not require this.

LL Does.

So whatever the 'flagging system' that PayPal uses, something is slipping through. 

Okay so, I took the chance today and got my Dutch PayPal succesfully attached to my Second Life account and bought L$ through Lindex. What I had to do was as follows;

1: Make sure your PayPal account is verified and linked to your bank account.
2: Add approx. €25,- to your PayPal account. (I added €30,- via Money2 & iDeal, only took a minute to update my PayPal balance, not days!)
3. Log back into Paypal.
4: Once the amount is added to your PayPal, click "Valutaomrekenfunctie". (On the top right side of the box that shows your PayPal balance on your main page).
5: On the left side you can change your primairy currency to USD by selecting "Amerikaanse Dollar" and hitting "Primair maken". (I don't know if this is necassary but I did it just incase and you can easily switch it out again later.)
6: On the right side of the page under "Wisselfunctie", set the "Van" to Euros, enter the amount of Euros into the "Bedrag" box ie: 30,00 and set your "Naar" to "Saldo in Amerikaanse Dollars", then hit "Doorgaan".
7: Now when you go back to your main PayPal page (overzicht), your balance will be converted to USD rather than Euros. (This is important, I could not complete my transaction before exchanging the Euros for USD.)
8: Log in to Second Life and through "Account" go to "Billing Information" to link your Paypal account. If you've followed the previous steps it should accept you now and not ask for a creditcard.
9: By now your PayPal should be successfully linked to Second Life and you can hit "Buy L$" on the Second Life page and place your L$ order through Lindex. If all goes well you should be receiving your L$ within the minute.

Below under the Dutch translation I'm also adding screenshots to show where to change your PayPal currency just incase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

In het Nederlands;
1: Zorg ervoor dat je PayPal account gecontroleerd is en aan je bank account is gekoppeld.
2: Voeg ongeveer €25,- toe aan je PayPal account. (Zelf heb ik €30,- toegevoegt via Money2 & iDeal, die transactie was binnen een minuut voltooid en je hoeft dus niet 4-5 werkdagen te wachten!)
3: Log weer in op PayPal.
4: Nu het bedrag op je PayPal staat kun je op "Valutaomrekenfunctie" klikken. (Bovenaan rechts in het "Paypal Saldo" boxje op je "Overzicht" pagina.)
5: Links kun je de primaire Valuta omzetten naar USD door op "Amerikaanse Dollar" te klikken en dan "Primair maken". (Of dat nodig is weet ik niet zeker, ik heb het in ieder geval wel gedaan voor de zekerheid en je kunt dit altijd moeiteloos weer veranderen.)
6: Aan de rechterkant van de pagina onder "Wisselfunctie" zet je de "Van" naar Euros, vul het bedrag in onder "Bedrag" (bijvoorbeeld 30,00 met comma!) en zet je de "Naar" om naar "Saldo in Amerikaanse Dollars". Vervolgens klik je op "Doorgaan".
7: Als je nu terug gaat naar de "Overzicht" pagina zullen de Euros die je had toegevoegt omgewisseld zijn naar USD. (Dit is belangrijk! Ik kon mijn transactie niet voltooien voordat mijn saldo was omgezet naar USD.)
8: Log nu weer in op Second Life en via je "Account" pagina, klik op "Billing Information" en voeg je PayPal account toe. Als je de vorige stappen hebt gevolgd zal er nu NIET om een creditcard worden gevraagt.
9: Nu zal je PayPal account toegevoegd zijn aan je Second Life account en kun je via "Buy LS" op de Second Life pagina je L$ kopen via de Lindex. Deze ontvang je dan als alles goed gaat binnen de minuut in je viewer en op je account pagina.

Hieronder vind je ook screenshots van hetgeen dat ik heb uitgelegd over PayPal valuta omzetten, mocht het nodig zijn.

paypal1.png

paypal2.png

I hope this is helpful for anyone wishing to use PayPal without adding a creditcard. :) 

V3 Visa has good and trusted prepaid creditcards. Problem is that LL doesn't accept a lot of prepaid creditcards so you'd still have to link the card to PayPal, upload the card each time when needed, potentially still have to convert from Euro to USD before making a purchase through Lindex which may not even be accepted. I too figured I'd use a pre-paid card until I read up on LL's policy for them. 

I am not from the Netherlands, but I know plenty of people that use the Paysafecard to pay for things, games, music, books, etc Online!  I think it is as easy to use in Holland as it is anywhere else in Europe... 

@Ashlene . i have never heard of the V3?  Is that a type of CC or? And is it specifically for Holland or?

mustangstud wrote:

@Ashlene . i have never heard of the V3?  Is that a type of CC or? And is it specifically for Holland or?

It's 3V Visa, sorry. Regardless, I've found several international sites for them too such as 3vcash.ca for Canada, 3v.ie for Ireland, 3vcard.nl for Netherlands, 3vprepaid.com for the UK I believe so I'm sure there's more. Just google "3V Visa" and it'll show. :) 

• 2 years later...

I have the same problem. Came back after a while and noticed I cant get lindens anymore. I always used IDeal to get lindens.

So now paypal could've been an option if they hadn't changed it to creditcard too. I'm not planning on getting a creditcard for personal reasons. So now I have no option to get any lindens anymore.  I really hope they will add IDeal payment on the site so at least we also can get lindens again. :o

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.