So sorry to keep you waiting. We'll be right back!

Lasher Oh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

You'd think with as often as that thing shows up, they'd start gettin' flashy with it, or something. Such a boring lame message. I expect more from these people. It's not like they're actually doing any work, lol. The least they could do is make these bumps, glitches and bugs more interesting for the masses.

I seriously do not like to moan about technology going wrong, otherwise one could spend the rest of their lives in misery.  I also like to think I have patience especially when fully informed.  The message that is up now on the market place was not there last night so I was convinced it was my problem and not second life.  A proper message would be more polite and informative such as:

Due to technical difficulties which we are not able to resolve at this time, you will be unable to log into the market place, or words to that effect.

Rather than the one up now which gives the impression that this is a small fault which will be resolve quickly oh and by the way you can continue shopping??? How when I cant even access the marketplace at all!!

I am aware the issue may not be fully known at this point, but be a little clearer with your fault messages and you could avoid frustrated members.  Just my opinion of course.

Perhaps the MP team inhabit an alternative dimension where time  is contracted exponentially so that the more frequently the dreaded 'We'll be right back' message occurs the faster they believe they are responding however no one has explained to them that  1 second of their time elapsed  aproximates 6 months of ours.

Personally I feel it's just a severe case of 'head in sand'

^L^

Eon Peterson wrote:

Wouldn't it be nice if, once in a while, one of the Lindens read these forums and popped in to provide answers - however briefly?

I would imagine for every hour that Marketplace is offline not only LL lose revenue but merchants as well.

They said they were gonna pop in and provide some answers but caught in traffic so they sent this memo.

"So sorry to keep you waiting we'll be right back"

Lasher Oh wrote:

Perhaps the MP team inhabit an alternative dimension where time  is contracted exponentially so that the more frequently the dreaded 'We'll be right back' message occurs the faster they believe they are responding however no one has explained to them that  1 second of their time elapsed  aproximates 6 months of ours.

Personally I feel it's just a severe case of 'head in sand'

^L^

Oh, it gets better!

Our Phearless Phil Rosedale is working on creating "Third Life" (http://highfidelity.io/) and it won't even need hosting. You'll get to peer-host bits of the brave new virtual world along with a supposed tens of thousands of other users and potentially get paid for it.

Yes, that's right, no lag because people renderung a virtual world on their tablets and computers will miraculously be faster than cloud hosting.

In the sometime-future, Third life will have you creating content, paying more in terms of monetization and you get the priviledge of hosting it until you find out the money you make from it won't pay the electricity it took to run your virtual world peer hosting.

Brought to you by Rosedale's other venture http://worklist.net where employees are a thing of the past! Yes, that's right, we build technology by paying couch change for small jobs and piece-mealing the entire thing together. Although some ex-Lindens and Rosedale himself earn the lions share of the jobs and money on this worklist.net venture (built from the ashes of Phil's last attempt at monetizing work instead of paying employees ... Coffee and Power, which as been err ... sunsetted to use their terminology).

Although in this alternate, alternate universe it's all good because it will use voxels instead of mesh and this will also miraculously build a world more efficiently than mesh.

And somehow this will all be better than Second Life because as Phil says ... they wear labcoats when building Third Life, or rather High Fidelity.

How many ways can you possibly screw up the concept of a virtual world? Alternative dimensions, indeed.

Sorry, forgot to add one more bit to the alternative universe. The bit where our chairman of the board at LL takes your money and holds onto it for goals that you set for yourself.

If you fail to lose that weight, or whatever your goal is, you lose your money.

http://www.ipromisephilip.com/

Just in case you were wondering why a company can't manage a shopping cart and 5 year old bugs. And chat, and marketplace enhancements and ... well, you get the idea.

It's all built to monetize, not necessarily "work" more than enough to monetize. Things like trust in commerce, a level of maturity and stability ... all of these are optional features if the grunts in the trenches can manage it.

Wow proof indeed if I ever doubted that  Real Life is far stanger than fiction as can be seen from their mission statement

"We work fast.

Many tech startups claim as much,

but we started typing this sentence

10 seconds from now."

And as LL  along with the  usual suspects are listed as their backers I now understand why we keep getting that awful 'We'll get right back' message -  It's just that the MP Team haven't seen any of the error reports because they haven't happened yet - slaps head and wonders what it must be like to live in the Bay City dimension where work is paid for with cupcakes and coffee credits.

^L^

I'm a huge supporter of the underdog andI know the MP Team really love us and are working their fingers to the bone 24/7 in order to provide us with a service we are paying for that is second to none.

Yes I'm aware of the grid status concerning logins but the issues concerning the persistent display of the  'So sorry' Page are mostly related to the merchant  listing tools when trying to update a listing, add or replace a one.

For example  it's not recommended to try and remove more than one item at a time cause the tiny little marketplace brain is incapable of computing multiple removals even though the page sugests it  does.

The regular reoccurrence of the error  page is not only incredibly irritating, it is misleading insult to our intelligence and indication that something is severely amiss with their coding. Having given up hope that Team MP will ever improve the merchants tools, at the very least they could come up with a page that more accurately and honestly reflects whats going on.

^L^

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4020 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.