Banner Ads That Make You Laugh

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

spying 2.JPG

I don't use ad block and most of the time I don't even notice the Banner Ads. But this one today did catch my eye.  I laughed when I saw it beacuse it made me think of targetted advsertising.  This is SL where people complain about being 'spyed on" all the time.  So just for the fun of it I clicked to see where it would take me.

It took me to a web site offering me a free download. 

spying 3.JPG

Scrolling to the bottom of the page I see they have terms and conditions I "agree to" by using their software.  Following that Link I find:

"(The application) is supported by advertising, which may include display, in-text and/or interstitial ads. Users may see additional display ads on websites that the product runs on or adds functionality to. You will see approximately 1 display ad per page on content sites; however, at times as many as 5 display advertisements per page."

"(The application) may also contain interstitial advertising where full-screen webpages are displayed between the current and destination page for a restricted amount of time."

Yep, just what we all wanted.  More Advertising!

Well, I hadn't found any of the banner ads particularly amusing, and the one that comes up most often at the top of my screen is just too cute, but what on earth is going on on the right hand side? "Do they think I am a balding middle aged man?", I thought, and then I remembered something I had posted recently on the feeds...

, I had posted something about a certain someone nicking all my ginger wigs!

Good job I always carry a spare (if I said a pair and a spare I wonder what ads that'd bring up next :matte-motes-big-grin-wink: )

holy hairloss.jpg

Always the past comes back to bite you on the bottom ^^

A new day, and a new banner ad.  And this one made me laugh.

banner 1.jpg

This one on the right hand side of the screen though scared the bejesus out of me (has someone put a contract out on my life and this is a warning?!)

banner 2.jpg

(Its ok, I have life insurance :matte-motes-big-grin: )

Perrie Juran wrote:

cute kid.JPG

I'd like to be a kid again.

Life was so much simpler.

I wish I'd had your childhood. I found mine difficult, but in different ways to how it is as an adult.

However... moving on...

Do you think you got your banner ad because of the discussion about child avs you/we've been involved in this week?

My most funny banner ad today is this one ...

banner 3.jpg

My social profile would put me in line for what types of jobs I wonder? I don't they have "resident p1sstaker" or "non-existent ghost-hunter", and I don't think mad cat woman is actually a real life available job. :matte-motes-agape:

I found this one lurking on a sidebar today.

Points of interest? Two it seems..

3d view made in japan *nods

2 modes: Elegant & sexy bikini mode ^^ *claps hands with glee

As stated you must mind your language while in the game of course

finally when you click to view the start page, (on the right maybe),

the two models have.. what appear to be.. throbbing cleavage.

Sensational!

BikiniGame.jpg

Oh and Perrie, for the longest time I have been meaning to ask you about your forum sig:

"Suffering from severe post coital giggling...".

What is it about the game of

that makes you giggle so much?

It's great fun & all but you know... must be a martian thing.

Maryanne Solo wrote:

I found this one lurking on a sidebar today.

Points of interest? Two it seems..

3d view made in japan
*nods

2 modes: Elegant & sexy bikini mode ^^
*claps hands with glee

As stated you must mind your language while in the game
of course

finally when you click to view the start page, (on the right maybe),

the two models have.. what appear to be.. throbbing cleavage.

Sensational!

BikiniGame.jpg

Oh and Perrie, for the longest time I have been meaning to ask you about your forum sig:

"Suffering from severe post coital giggling...".

What is it about the game of
that makes you giggle so much?

It's great fun & all but you know... must be a martian thing.

I've been getting that side bar also.

Regarding the giggling...well, it's kind of like this.

In chat, I really dislike "LOL."  I also wasn't fond of "laughs," because sometimes you can laugh at someone in a negative way.  And "giggles" was something that I felt better described a lot of time what I did.

Then I started getting chastised by girls I knew that men don't "giggle."  So I reluctantly changed to saying "/me chuckles."

Then we got Voice in SL.  I rarely used it and still hardly use it.  But some of the girls I knew got quite a shock.  They were, "OMG, you really do giggle."  Post coitally included. 

And that was probably more information than you wanted to know.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4176 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.