Sexual attack of Griefer in Kress

Marina Ramer

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Three different people at least had sent Ars to Governor Linden about the attack suffered on our land in Kress (Kress/43/182/4022), Linden inworld team does not do anything about this now for 3 days, this is mainland parcels of several owners and the griefer attack is s display of sexual pictures particles all around us, its very frustrating for us because its hurting our business as well as damaging in Pg lands, and while we pay for premium support all of us, noone answer our complains, any ideas are welcome thank you!

I am at the location now, but I cannot find the root prim.  If you or surrounding land owners can look at the land details you can return any objects belonging to people you do not know, and someone needs to be reminded to have an auto return set on their land.

I will submit an AR while I am there, in the name of Governor Linden.

Hello Marigold thanks so much for trying to help! yes I couldnt find the root prim either, but yes the first I saw on land was for strange objects to return and it seems not to be on my land, has to be someone that rezzed the prim on neighbours land, thanks a lot for also sending an AR and helpoing so much, best regards!

There is a nagging little voice in my head that might be saying something or nothing, but I'll share it with you, just to be thorough/crazy (delete where applicable :matte-motes-wink-tongue: )

Can you recall purchasing any kind of fun item recently - a picture, an ornament, a scripted adult-themed item, that could possibly be spawning these crazy adult pictures?  They do look more like something a griefer would leave behind, BUT I've never seen anything quite like them before, and I have known of some items having an extra feature, and at this point, in lieu of extra objects showing up on your land's object list, and with the proximity of the photos that are bouncing around above your skydome, it does suggest something may have been activated from an object within your sky dome.

Hey Mari no you know we hadnt purchasing anything new for those suites we rent they ar ethe same for long time now. Cannot be soemthing inside the dome as those domes are turnips, no mod, so not evne someone with my rights could had done that, that particle appeared itself form one day to another and we werent even there, my guess is that a griefer left a box on a neighbours parcel, as object is definitely not on mine, saldy it seems that support team is not reacting as usual even with several complains of premium members that owns parecels on that mainland sim, honestly I was about to purchase a full mainland sim to expand this business we have but this has totally discourage me as I se eno service, no help, no support on mainland troubles.

It was a fleeting thought, and would be quite strange to have something in a skydome emitting something quite that explicit and offensive.

Have a wander around the surrounding land parcels and see who it is that has got no auto return set as it's most likely their land that has the spawners on it.

Unfortunately, I don't think it's that Linden Lab don't care enough, but they don't have enough manpower to chase around the grid removing all of this type of clutter. It wouldn't ever happen if we all set auto return on our lands too.

Me and Amethyst have submitted ARs too now, so until/unless your neighbours can be contacted and/or LL remove the offending spawners, sadly all you can do is turn off particles.  I feel for you, I really do. 

Thats a good idea actually yes I will try to contact parcel owners instead maybe they do help

About Linden support, in 5 years I am in SL thye never ever had reacted against an AR I would like to know if someone has

had ever a good positive response about them because for me, they dont even look at them as I see it...

Anyway we thank you so so much for your solidarity and help! wish more were as helpful as you are thank you once again :)

I am sorry your experience of the abuse reporting system has not been positive over the years. Going on comments that have come up in the past on these forums, I'd say there was a 50/50 split between residents who were happy with the way abuse reports were dealt with and those who were not.  I am luckily one of the happier ones, although not every abuse report I have submitted has been acted upon. Most have, but it has greatly depended on the time of the day, the day of the week, and the subject matter.

With 56,000 residents logged in some of the time, and it being a 24 hour world, there must be a lot of abuse reports and support issues to deal with, and when you've got griefers acting like arsonists setting fires all over the place, I think some days the AR team must be feeling like they are chasing their own tails.

I hope you are able to get in touch with your neighbours, and one way or another those offensive photos are removed. I can imagine if I uploaded a screenshot here, I would be suspended from the forums! So they should not be allowed to remain inworld, even though it is a M-rated sim.

Hello Mari yes I got in touch with all the neighbours and sent Ncs to all of them we will see if they help, thank you for the idea!

Yes I am not a person that submits an AR for a silliness, always what I sent was with enough prove and consistence, and all serious and obvious violations to TOS, still I never had luck with not even one of my submitted ARS in the past, or now, so yes you seem to be very lucky indeed.

Thank you for your help again!

Yes our mainstore is on another land, correct

What we have on kress its skydomes, sky suites that we rent to couples and the office to rent them is more down

Today a new griefing attack was added even more terrible

All neighbours had reported over a dozen ARs to Governor Linden on the past 4 days and Liden doesnt react so far

If we dont have any help form them today we will all abandon the lands here at Kress we we dont see any other solution

Wow! I stopped in to see what the fuss was and wow. Seen this before. The mess
extends for a good bit, even on the ground. I put in an Abuse Report. Talking to
all surrounding neighbors would help, as with inacting some of previous posters
suggestions. 

I got to say, I have a good computer but this was a
challenge just to even file a report. This has got to be a sim resource drain. 

Hello Autumn thanks a lot for your comments and help

Yes I udnerstand but what else can we do when over a dozen of ARS had been sent and LL does not react or helps?

I alreayd imed and notecarded every neighbour, they were helpful, they also joined and sent Ars themselves, still th eproblem seems just worst and worst

We have a small business here, some skyboxes that we rent and that as you may imagine with this serious lag and sexual spam noone is renting now we had to close them for 4 days now

Yes of course we all did that but its not on my land , so nothing I can do :(

I have to go with Marina on this one.  I've submitted several ARs concerning griefing over the years as well, and have had absolutely zero luck or response.  It's very discouraging to pay the outrageous tiers LL charges, and then have your land griefed to the point of unusabilty by the village idiot.

How ARs are handled depends heavily on which support critter gets to handle them.

Some of them seem to just discard every single one of them, others take them quite seriously, others again act only if the reporter is the owner of the land in question, etc. etc.

Overall, I've had pretty good luck, but sometimes it takes several attempts (and calling live chat before sending an AR can help as well) before things happen.

It is entirely possible your ARs have been acted upon, and you just didn't notice. I am saying this because that's exactly what's happened to a lot of them recently. I watched it happen, or I would think it's absurd to believe it could, lol.

The particular griefing you are experiencing is slamming the entire grid, not just a few sims here and there. It is hitting heavy and hard, because those griefers are bound and determined. Thousands upon thousands, and I do mean that literally, of ARs for this particular problem have been sent in over the last week. You are not alone in that one, not one little bit.

I know for a fact some of them have been acted upon because I was present while they were acted upon, by chance. I saw them acted upon. However, not even two hours later, it started back up again on one particular sim. The other it took another day or two to rear it's ugly head again. So, yes the AR was looked at, the issue handled as best as they could handle it. But the problem returned. The problem returned relatively promptly because another landowner did not have auto return turned off. So that particular land owner was actually just making the entire thing worse. I find it highly likely that a lot of other mainland areas that are being hit by this particular griefing, have had the exact same thing happen. Even if it wasn't a linden who fixed the problem but rather just another resident who managed getting the object spammer to stop. I find it likely the problems get stopped, but return relatively quickly because someone nearby is enabling it to happen. Whether they're doing it intentionally or not, by not having auto return on and allowing people to rez, that's exactly what they are doing. So I would definitely be checking with each and every other land owner near you. It won't do any good to have, say 12 of you filing ARs, but 1 of you still allowing rez and leaving auto return off. All those ARs will seem futile and you will get more and more frustrated. You can even mention this to live chat. Since you're premium, you can use live chat. Tell them you suspect someone has rez rights turned on with auto return off and that is why you and other land owners can't seem to fix the problem. Let them know it's a possibility. If they can't help you, find another live chat person who can. You don't have to settle with "sorry we can't help you" or "please file a report".

Unfortunately you do have to be very persistent with stuff like this though.

Ftr. I am not saying all ARs get answered, many never even get looked at I'm quite certain. But I do know for a fact this particular issue is a huge one all over the grid right now and has been really bad for at least a week if not more. I also do know that some ARs have been acted upon and some land owners have been even able to stop the problem on their own too. I'm just telling you this so you know there is hope that it will be fixed. It's not just a matter of them not reading, not listening, and not acting. Well, there's always the possibility it is, but I am guessing given the severity of this issue, that's not the case right now for this issue. It very well may be for others.

Support does suck sometimes, and does have its merit other times. I've had mixed experiences myself. And I also know that we may not always, or ever, see the results of our ARs being handled, too. I really hope they can help you solve this problem swiftly so you're not caused anymore stress. But in the meantime, both you and your neighbors really need to dig deep and look around at ALL the land in your area to see where this may be coming from. I'm not saying you aren't, of course. It could very easily be one teeny tiny parcel somewhere-even in what seems like another person's land...but it's actually not. The object spammer could be sitting on a tiny sliver of land somewhere that's not actually part of one of your neighbor's parcels even though it looks like it is. I can't  tell you how many times I've run across stuff like that. If you're flying around, or even walking, keep an eye on the top bar and the parcel names. That's how I've found numerous little slivers of land sort of hiding inside larger parcels. It's weird, but it happens a lot.

Thnak you Ima for your comments, and yes I keep submitting a new AR everyday together with my neighbours, I know this is a problem of many sims not just this one and that takes time, still I didnt got any answer form LL after 7 days and yes believe me I notice the attack is still on because I checked veryday and everything its there. We are about to abandon this lands after seeing that obviously LInden doesnt help at all..

Hello I am very good at finding stuff like this and had gone there and looked all over the place for a hr. but I can not root prim either. And If I can not that is bad. From what I was seeing is that the particles are being send there at that spot from a root prime shooting them there like a gun. So god knows where the root prime is. It maybe not in the same sim. 

Now I can not get that picture from that particle out of my head. :manmad:

I know and seen on the MP a hud/tool to find the root prime of particles.
hmmm I may just have one I have to look.

Steve thank you so much for coming over and trying and yes, we couldnt find the origina of this particle and believe me many of us had tried, thats why I keep insisting that only a linden ingame could help solving the problem definitely, but it seems that even with over 25 ARs sent they refuse to help so far, and that particle is jsut one of the troubles, had you teleported down to land and see also the other goondquad attack? and together with the spam window? I dont know whcih was it worst

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4062 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.