Are there ANY free female clothing templates? NOT DEMOS?

TerriXanadu2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I do not want to spend 500L$ on them since this is my first attempt at making clothing in SL  and if I suck at it  most are non transferrable. But I also would like to try to wear what I attempt to make without a huge box foloating above my head or following behind me  screaming DEMO If anybody knows of any could you please send a link?  I would really like to be able to pick my own  colors & textures also  Since I have already bought some.

Thank You

4 answers to this question

Try posting in the Wanted forum.  FWIW, if you're just making system clothes you don't need to worry about a DEMO box.  System clothes are just textures that you apply to your av body.  Also, $2 USD for a handful of templates isn't a bad deal, even if you never make any more clothes after that.  If you do end up making more clothes, you can easily spend hundreds of times more than that.  Just sayin' it's worth a tiny investment.  :smileywink:

• Like 1

See this link for both clothing templates and clothing tutorials.  NOTE:  These are for "standard" SL clothing layers, NOT Mesh clothing.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Clothing_Tutorials

For a mesh template, see Daniel RavenNest's link in the SL Universe forums:

http://www.sluniverse.com/php/vb/content-creation/63990-mesh-avatar-templates-available.html

• Like 1

From your comment about the demo box I have to assume you are talking about mesh clothing templates, more accurately called models.  I have never see one for free.  It takes a creator hours or sometimes days to make an item of clothing and to be fair they should be compensated for their time.

There are full perm mesh models that are very reasonable in cost.  I suggest you buy one and practice on it by creating textures to make different versions of it.  I am sure if you were going to try a new hobby in RL you would think nothing of spending $2US on supplies.  Well that is what you would be paying approximately for a $500L mesh model.  Cheap in my opinion.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4034 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.