Can we filter demos out of marketplace searchs

kctd1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

kctd1 wrote:

In my opinion, demos are ruining marketplace; the low cost merchandise is buried with 1000's of demo results.  Can we filter demo out of the search results somehow?

thanks......

Sort of.  You you want to search for killer robots, you can enter your search as killer robots NOT demo, the NOT has to be in all caps. You can string together more than one, as killer robots NOT demo NOT rusty and so on.

Unfortunately, there are several merchants who are on to this, and add spaces and extra characters to "demo" to make them harder to filter out. The one nice thing about this is that it backfires on them; they also hide their junk from people who actually are searching for demos.

In an ideal virtual world it would be self-sorting, as when we make a new listings we are able to attach a demo to the main listing. I wish this meant that demos were viewable from the full-priced item's page and nowhere else. They do ruin seach for free/cheap items, along with mass real estate listings.

Thanks Cerise for the search tips :)

Cerise Sorbet wrote:

kctd1 wrote:

In my opinion, demos are ruining marketplace; the low cost merchandise is buried with 1000's of demo results.  Can we filter demo out of the search results somehow?

thanks......

Sort of.  You you want to search for killer robots, you can enter your search as
killer robots NOT demo
, the NOT has to be in all caps. You can string together more than one, as
killer robots NOT demo NOT rusty
and so on.

Unfortunately, there are several merchants who are on to this, and add spaces and extra characters to "demo" to make them harder to filter out. The one nice thing about this is that it backfires on them; they also hide their junk from people who actually are searching for demos.

One of the most useful things I've learned about SL in a long time. Thank you.

I agree. Everytime I look for something and click on the 0-10 L catagory I get tons of demo vertions of what I am looking for. The item I am looking for is burried within somewhere among the pages and its like I am hunting for it. YOu can search by price, merchant, and verious sub catagories. Why not be able to take demos out of the equation.

• 10 months later...

even if you leave the 0 out there are a lot of demos priced

i do not see the point of the demo being listed at all as a seperate product

should be able to look on the product page itself and pick demo there if wanted as some are pretty bad labeling them at times which makes it misleading often 

ebbe if you read this! it would be a nice change for the marketplace

• 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3101 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.