I had uninvited people come into my house.

Femboy Oxygen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

6 answers to this question

If you have the needed rights on this land / parcel / region, or are even the owner you can either simply rightclick and 'eject' them. Or make use of scripted security systems. As well as magaging general access properties in the the About Land menu.

Ejecting someone

1. Right-click on the avatar and select Eject.
  2. Select Eject from the list of options that pops up.

You may also choose to save time with Eject & Ban, which does both at once.The avatar is ejected from your land onto an adjacent parcel.

More info here: 
http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Managing-your-parcel/ta-p/700113

Cheers, Code

• Like 2

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Oxygen!

While you will get sensible answers from others here, you can depend on me for nonsense. Although I do have ban rights on the sim where I live, I can barely remember how to invoke them (though Codewarrior's explanation is so simple that I'm blushing over not knowing it). So, when I come home to find people lounging in my living room, I flip my sofa over and hang it from the ceiling. I'd love to tell you that this method immediately causes the visitors to leave, but in the case shown here it didn't. It was amusing to me, so I'll still call it a win...

Visitors.jpg

Codewarrior's got it, from a technical perspective.  Ejecting is easy.  The question, though, is why bother?  I have ejected people a very few times (four times in 6 years, I think) when they have appeared out of nowhere, but most of the time they will leave if I just say "Hello. You're in my house."  At least in my neighborhood, accidental visitors are ... well.... accidental.  They are sightseeing and embarrassed to discover that they've wandered in on me.  And, of course, if they wander in while I'm not there it's no big deal.  Nobody can steal my stuff, and my parcel is locked down to prevent anyone from rezzing things or dropping garbage that they bring in.

Yep. I live on a beautiful public sim (Forgotten City) so I expect and encourage people to explore it. At least a couple of the folks on my friends list are people I found sitting on my sofa when I logged in. It's an amusing way to meet. It's been a very rare occasion that someone was less than gracious, forcing me to hoist my sofa to the ceiling.

When someone arrives in your home uninvited, it is often upsetting.  Many times, it is an innocent mistake. Your home might have been the landmark that was a previous landmark of something else. Land owners change all the time and it is useful to check to see if your landmarks are still accurate.

First, let the visitor know that it is a private home and ask the person or people to leave. Most of the time, considerate people will apologize and leave and you will never see them again.

Secondly, you may want to check your access for your land parcel. If it is a LINDEN home, you can lock and restrict access through your home controls and in your ACCESS tab. You can restrit access to only your friends.

Third, if you want ultimate security, you can invest in a land orb or radar tool that restricts unwanted individuals from your land. You need to be careful of this because when you invite new friends over, you will have to ADD them to the access list and take their name off etc. Some houses also have these security tools built into the homes as well so you can look for this feature when you are house shopping.

You also want to be wary that people can often access your house through camming and clicking on menu driven objects. So if you have pose balls around, they can cam through the window, click on a pose ball and gain entry. If you do not have an orb that ejects them right away, they can end up squatting in your house.

Be wary also of leaving your build rights open too. You can build in various levels of security for your home, but you need to realize that second life is a culture of exploring so now and then, expect a few visitors.

take care!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4074 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.