Animation permissions?

mcoban2005

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I want that.
ok. I have three objets?
1.Object = for animation permissions ()
2. Object= animation playing..I am NOT want that animation yes/no permissions????
3. Object=animation playing (animations in different objects)

1. Object Codes:
{
state_entry()
{
llRequestPermissions(llGetOwner(),
//Comment out any of the following lines for fun
PERMISSION_DEBIT |
PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS |
PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION |
PERMISSION_ATTACH |
PERMISSION_CHANGE_LINKS |
PERMISSION_TRACK_CAMERA |
PERMISSION_CONTROL_CAMERA |
0);
}
touch_start(integer a)
{
integer perm = llGetPermissions();
if(perm & PERMISSION_DEBIT)
llOwnerSay("Can use llGiveMoney");
if(perm & PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS)
llOwnerSay("Can use llTakeControls");
if(perm & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
llOwnerSay("Can use llStartAnimation");
if(perm & PERMISSION_ATTACH)
llOwnerSay("Can use llAttachToAvatar");
if(perm & PERMISSION_CHANGE_LINKS)
llOwnerSay("Can use llCreateLink");
if(perm & PERMISSION_TRACK_CAMERA)
llOwnerSay("Can use llGetCameraPos");
if(perm & PERMISSION_CONTROL_CAMERA)
llOwnerSay("Can use llSetCameraParams");
}
run_time_permissions(integer perm)
{
if(perm & PERMISSION_DEBIT)
llOwnerSay("Can use llGiveMoney");
if(perm & PERMISSION_TAKE_CONTROLS)
llOwnerSay("Can use llTakeControlls");
if(perm & PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION)
llOwnerSay("Can use llStartAnimation");
if(perm & PERMISSION_ATTACH)
llOwnerSay("Can use llAttachToAvatar");
if(perm & PERMISSION_CHANGE_LINKS)
llOwnerSay("Can use llCreateLink");
if(perm & PERMISSION_TRACK_CAMERA)
llOwnerSay("Can use llGetCameraPos");
if(perm & PERMISSION_CONTROL_CAMERA)
llOwnerSay("Can use llSetCameraParams");
}
}

2. Object code? for example llstartAnimation("sit") how I playing not permission ????? Already permissions granted by 1. Object .

You cannot run an animation without having permission from the person who will be animated.  The function llStartAnimation requires you to have permission first.  If you look at the table at http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlRequestPermissions, however, you will see that permission is granted automatically if someone sits on or attaches your scripted object.  You still need to ask permission with a llRequestPermissions function in your script, but in those two cases the person will not receive a permission dialog box.  In all other cases (person touching or colliding with your object, being identified by a sensor, etc.), LSL will automatically create a permissiuon dialog box.  If the person does not give permission, the animation will not run.

I think I understand what you want to do, and if so, you're out of luck. The script that plays an animation must have permission and any animations it plays must be contained in the same prim as the script (except for built-in animations).

That said, I can imagine a possible realization of the fabled "experience permissions" in which this would be possible, but that all seems to be dead in the water at this point.

• 7 years later...

You'll need to describe what sort of AO you have, if it's client-based or worn. Usually detaching and re-attaching a worn AO fixes most problems, and reloading the notecard in a client-AO does the same.

As far as I know permissions are not revoked permanently, re-logging should sort that. Have you looked in your mute-list?

6 hours ago, Kitty Nakajima said:

Hi everyone I have had an issue with my avatar for a couple of days where it stands rigid and no animation will work. Could I have possibly revoked animation permissions accidentally and how can I fix that?  Thanks. 

You've posted in a 7 year old thread (with a big warning) that has nothing to do with your problem...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

You've posted in a 7 year old thread (with a big warning) that has nothing to do with your problem...

And the question is not about a script that you are writing, so it doesn't really belong in this forum either.  

I have a feeling, having very recently tried to use the search function in these forums for myself, that those who rarely post here struggle to work out which forum their question should go in, and attempting a search, as I found out recently, throws up a very odd assortment. My guess was this poster found a thread on animations that seemed close to what they were trying to express, tagged onto it, and so I answered it.

By all means tick people off for necro-posting, but I was a usenet rat for years and watched forum after forum decline into small groups of oldbies because they kept picking on new posters who didn't follow some/all of their rules. I don't have too much of a problem with adding to the end of old threads, but then, I'm cantankerous, I even have a sneaking admiration for trolls.

I was going to add something a bit more snarkier than above but I then realised, I'm seeing this sort of short-fuse behaviour in many different places, even a model railway forum, would you believe? I think this is the result of months of strain, uncertainty and pressure brought about by the current crisis beginning to surface. So I've decided that I'm going to sleep on things before voicing my opinions in too assertive a tone for the next few months.

Have a nice day.

Edited by Profaitchikenz Haiku
One S too many

That's a fair reaction, Prof.  I should have taken the time in my own response to not only say that the question doesn't belong in the Scripting forum but to suggest where it ought to be posted.  I didn't, mostly because I can't think of a good place, other than the Answers forum.  This forum is a place for scripters to pick each other's brains about things they are working on, so the question doesn't fit here.  Of course, if I had seen it in Answers, I would have probably scratched my head for a while and said basically what you did.  Not that I think it's the right answer....  🙃

At this point, though, it might be good to hear back from @Kitty Nakajima whether anything has helped, like resetting AO scripts somehow. Or if there might be an attachment pushing higher-priority static animations. Or anything changed.

(Personally, I might have posted to General Discussion and hoped for the best. Or yeah, Answers. I think there was once an animators' forum, several forum platforms ago. However we carve the corpus, there should be somewhere in the forums to get help with such questions.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1233 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.