Piercings visible through clothing

SalemBurns

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My body piercings are visible through my clothing (sticking out through them), which doesn't seem like an ideal look. Is there a way to edit them so they no longer do so, or do they sell piercings that are not visible through clothing? The one I have is an attachment, placed on the spine. Thanks in advance!

You only have two options. One is to take the piercing off and the other is to put an alpha texture on the piercing to make it invisible when you do not want it to be seen. The former option is the ideal one; if the piercing is not going to be seen you should just take it off, not just to solve your problem but also to reduce lag for others having to load objects they are not supposed to see. When you want the piercing to be visible, just open your inventory real quick and hit wear.

As for piercings that you want partially visible and partially hidden, I do not know what to tell ya. You'd need an alpha layer to hide parts under clothing without having them poke out, which can be a rather complicated process if you cannot mod the piercing or you are not familliar with texturing objects.

Back in the day when I was a newbie and wore my first naughty bit (rhymes with bit by the way) I didn't realize it would show through clothing. It was one of those boy is my face red moments. Then again, back in the day, it really looked more like a pencil eraser so it wasn't obvious WHAT was showing, just "something"

basically..layered clothing and skins are only a paint job on top of the shape of your avatar..

anything that you attach to your avatar that you can see while nude like belly rings or **bleep** piercings or even say a prim tattoo will sit above the textured layer of clothing..

they are all basically like tattoos really unless you use prim mesh or sculptie outfits..that are 100% no texture layers..

you could just make a folder for them that sits close to the top of your inventory for getting to them quickly when changing..

to make taking them off and putting them back on faster..

some may come with a menu that lets you hide them also..

Or, what I'd do, if I had sex more regularly, make a nekkid outfit. Only wear what you need to wear in bed or dungeon. Y'know high heels or boots, piercings, whip, collar, durty parts, all the usual fun stuff ... save that as an outfit like you do with all your other predefined outfits. And you're ready for an ultraquick change of appearance.

PS: for little innocent me I made a very special outfit for use in bed: Pajamas with little Dinos and a Linden bear. :smileyembarrassed:

I sell a script that monitors clothing worn and will auto attach or detach things like piercings, intimate parts etc.  (I aslo do some auto show/hiding jewellery but the script is more versatile).

That's as much self promotion that i'm prepared to do in the forums, either find me on MP or see my profile inworld and Picks entry for shop.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4069 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.