Has anyone ever had their avatar's display name changed without having done it yourself?

buckmiller

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

Here is a question in return.

Was you Display Name change subtlety?

Specifically was a potentially objectionable name change to a slightly different spelling? Or was it simply returned to your default name?

I can imagine LL handling an AR related to a Display Name in this manner of the meaning of the name was objectionable in another language.

It can happen if your account was compromised and someone has your password either because you gave it to them, you fell for a phishing scheme, or some one easily guessed it. 
I'd change your password if I were you and monitor your account and payment info carefully.  A good password is at least 8 characters long, has both letters and numbers and is a mix of caps and lower case letters.

I don't use display names so has never happened to me but seems this can inadvertenly occur on the feeds although I can't find anything on inworld changes unless LL take this action at times.

Here is a thread on a display name on the feeds being changed to someone else's username.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Everything-Else/Why-is-my-display-name-in-my-profile-feed-replaced-with-someone/qaq-p/1600819

Here is another thread, again to do with the feed.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/qanda/questionpage/blog-id/sla_everything_else/article-id/6308

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4094 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.